Recent content by DrewHiller

1. D

Accurail Covered Hoppers

I'm looking to super detail all my Accurail CVD hoppers. I was wondering if anyone has done this because i would like to see some pictures of some, Thank you.
  2. D

Tell me what you think?

The first step in weathering is finding a prototype or in my case multiple prototypes. I found pictures of a particular model that i liked and wanted to model then comes the fun part, The trip to the hobby shop. I went in knowing exactly what i needed for this model which was an Athearn PS 2600...
  3. D

Tell me what you think?

If you would like to know how i did this and get some tips feel free to email me and i will tell you everything i know and how i did it Andrewhiller79@yahoo.com
  4. D

Tell me what you think?

I started out with an L&N PS 2600 covered hopper by Athearn and turned it into this very dirty and rusty CSXT covered Hopper. Tell me what you think. Thanks everybody. Lighting isn't so good forgive me for this.
  5. D

Simply paint job needed

I know a few people that use simple black spray paint when they are doing a Norfolk Southern paint scheme and from what i've seen it works quite well.
  6. D

Newest Project

Hello Everyone. Just thought i would let you in on my upcoming project. I am going to be Custom Building 2 Norfolk Southern GP59's. I know there are only 30 or so of these units and NS has all of them. I am going to be building 4624 For myself and 4641 The Operation Lifesaver unit probably to go...
  7. D

Ditch lights...

You are correct it is indeed a different locomotive the one in the picture above is a GP40-2. Hopefully someone can help us out.
  8. D

Ditch lights...

I am looking to add ditch lights to a model that doesn't already have the *fake* ditch lights on it such as the Athearn Dash 9's or AC4400's. A locomotive such as a GP40-2 just like in the image below. How do you go about doing this? i mean you really only have one chance to drill the holes.
  9. D

First attempt with airbrush paints

Thanks buddy. It's a real easy thing to do. I mix burnt umber and raw sienna paints. Acrylic of course. And dab them on with a foam brush.
  10. D

First attempt with airbrush paints

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.
  11. D

New weathered car (need opinion!)

My Email is AndrewHiller79@yahoo.com if you would like to know how i did this send me an email and i will give you step by step instructions.
  12. D

Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

Post a picture(s) of you best weathering job! i wanna see my fellow model railroaders work.
  13. D

I appreciate your honesty i agree with the points you made and now i know what to work on in the future.
  14. D

Thank you i actually agree with you on the rusting a bit too much i wanted to do a car like the one you gave a link to but i can never do streaking like that.
  15. D

Thanks man i really appreciate it.

Back