Recent content by DaveInTheHat

1. DaveInTheHat

Design Preservation Model Instructions

I sent the instructions. The kit is nice but it takes a little bit of fiddling to get it to fit together. The windows take some work because the openings are different sizes. I took pictures while I but the kit. I did a few modifications and added a few things. You can look at the pictures on my...
  2. DaveInTheHat

Design Preservation Model Instructions

I have the instructions. I could take pictures of them.
  3. DaveInTheHat

Legos anyone?

4. DaveInTheHat

Dave's Tugboat Rides

I'm done. I don't have anymore storage space for dioramas.
  5. DaveInTheHat

Dave's Tugboat Rides

HO scale diorama. This is my last one.
  6. DaveInTheHat

Kate's Motel

7. DaveInTheHat

Reviving old Floquil and its other brands identifying solvents on labels "best way to store" Floquil paints,restoring them with "additives?"

I made a paint shaker a while ago. It makes mixing any paint that has separated a lot easier.
  8. DaveInTheHat

Short Train

It doesn't run. It was a "dummy".
  9. DaveInTheHat

Short Train

I made a short train out of some broken up junk.
  10. DaveInTheHat

Attaching Structure to Diorama Base

I use clear silicon to attach my structures to foam. Any that squeezes out can be easily removed after it dries. If I ever decide to remove the building I can use lighter fluid (naphtha) to soften the silicon and pull the building off without damage. The one drawback to using silicone is that it...
  11. DaveInTheHat

A " How to paint this " help request.

If I was doing it I would paint the white first. Then mask the rings with Bare Metal Foil. Then paint the blue.
  12. DaveInTheHat

Sailboat

There isn't an inside joke. I just like boats a lot and there aren't many available in HO scale. I might build a model of the SS Minnow in the near future.
  13. DaveInTheHat

Sailboat

I scratch built an HO scale 15 foot sailboat. Here's a link to some pictures I took while I was building it: https://public.fotki.com/DaveInTheHat/187_scale_vehicles/sailboat-15/ Here's a short slide show:
  14. DaveInTheHat

Looking for B&M yard structure plans

I was looking around and found this: http://whiteriverdivision.blogspot.com/2019/05/b-yard-office-green-mountain-route.html There seems to be a lot of pictures on line of the B&M Railroad.
  15. DaveInTheHat

Ernie Hoffnagle's Place

Thanks for the comments!

Back