dave1905's latest activity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

• D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Maximum Short-Run Grades.
    Depends on what you mean by "light"? Does the train have a running start or are you starting on the grade from a stop? Are you talking...
  • D
    The modern Roundhouse mechanisms are really smooth running and have vastly improved electrical pick up.
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Manual Turnout Control by Cable.
    I use paddle handle DPDT toggle switches and 1/4" dowels to control my switches and frog polarity. Since my benchwork isn't that deep...
    • IMG_2355.JPG
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Fisher Stove & Range Co..
    I know its a pain in the butt, but I know for me, going through several iterations can get a better looking end result. What software...
  • D
    Diagonal "And" is a nice touch. Last effort is very clear and easily read from the road.
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Roller Coasters.
    In Clearfield, UT there was a company that made roller coasters. You would see a roller coaster gradually rise in the distance and then...
  • D
    Power point
    • fisher.JPG
  • D
    The lettering and picture is too fine for a clapboard building. They would use wider lettering and probably a sans serif, all...
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Thoughts.
    I use 1/8 in thick Masonite, it can get down to about 18" radius. You can bend 1/4 in Masonite but not as sharp. There are also...
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread First serious attempt.
    Nice details on the buildings.
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread First serious attempt.
    I also use golden rod for trees, I like to snip off the curly ques on the ends and instead of using hairspray or glue to attach the...
    • IMG_2095.JPG
  • D
    The Brownsville and Matamoros Bridge Co. was combination road, rail truss bridge across the Rio Grande at Brownsville, Texas with the...
  • D
    I like to imbed my controls, car card boxes, etc into the fascia. So I'm not a big fan of the "grid' style bench work. I use L girder...
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Ballast at Interchanges.
    Whichever railroad owns the interchange track. Railroad ownership and maintenance is to a specific point. One railroad maintains up to...
  • D
    dave1905 replied to the thread Squirrel Creek Railroad.
    Finding era appropriate cars and engines are always a challenge. I model 1900-1905 and its difficult for that time period. You should...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.