Recent content by dank

1. D

Need Advice for an Ho Amtrak Passenger Line.

I am beginning the laying of track tonight on my 5 x 8 HO layout. With regard to the locomotive, I am interested in a Kato EMD F40PH , but the Athern AMD 103 looks like a great loco at half the price. With regard to the passenger cars, I was looking at the Walther's Phase IV Sleeper, Diner...
  2. D

HO Locomotive and Track Radius Question

I am building a new 4x8 layout (Code 83) with radius of 18 and 22 degrees. I want to buy new locomotives with DCC already installed. Must I be concerned with the number of consecutive wheels on the locomotives, i.e., 2-6-4? Thank you. Dan
  3. D

HO Locomotive and Track Radius Question

I am building a new 4x8 layout (Code 83) with radius of 18 and 22 degrees. I want to buy new locomotives with DCC already installed. Must I be concerned with the number of consecutive wheels on the locomotives, i.e., 2-6-4? Thank you. Dan
  4. D

New Layout Questions-Advice, Please.

Chip: Well said. You've given me food for thought.
  5. D

Gentlemen: Thank you all for the good advice; it will definitely help. Chip, I am actually usind an Atlas plan, and it appears to leave a good amount of space for little humans!
  6. D

I am about to immerse myself in my first model railroad sine the '70's. I have been reading quite a bit about DCC, so I have purchased an NCE Powerhouse Pro and an additional throttle. I will go with the Atlas Code 83 Flex Track and Peco small radius turnouts. All but one of the turnouts will be...
  7. D

Track Insulation Needed with DCC?

Thanks, Ken and C Liner. C Liner, I will have a reverse loop, and I will buy a device to handle the polarity issue(a transponder, correct?). I do have a layout plan, but I don't have it on the computer. It is actually an Atlas plan that I modified only slightly.
  8. D

Track Insulation Needed with DCC?

Hello, all: I am building a 4x8 HO layout from scratch(my first since 1973). It will have two mainline loops with the inner loop connecting to a figure eight. It will also have one or two side tracks. I am using Atlas Code 83 Flex Track and Peco Code 83 Small Radius Turnouts. Do I have to insert...

Back