D&J RailRoad's latest activity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

• D&J RailRoad
    D&J RailRoad replied to the thread Module Construction.
    Progress on the transport case.
    • 20200706_111441.jpg
  • D&J RailRoad
    I don't use the AC in the house unless its over 95. The breeze from the woods behind the house keep the temps down. But yeah, it does...
  • D&J RailRoad
    Did some painting on one of the modules today. First coat of mud brown. Several more coats of various colors of earth will be applied...
    • 20200705_211235.jpg
    • 20200705_211156.jpg
  • D&J RailRoad
    Modules work as designed. Next step is scenery, painting and building the transport case.
  • D&J RailRoad
    Pulled by an SD90MAC.
  • D&J RailRoad
    D&J RailRoad replied to the thread Power Pole Connectors.
    Take a look at the video that I provided for Sherrel.
  • D&J RailRoad
    Wow, really had to lean hard on that steering wheel.
  • D&J RailRoad
    turns out it was the Tortoise Machine frog juice connector. Second from the left of the bottom left two. Not sure how it got by my...
  • D&J RailRoad
    Those are two connectors Sherrel. The wire is soldered or crimped into the metal connector then the metal connector is pressed into the...
  • D&J RailRoad
    Pushing past the issue with the Power Pole Connectors were I started a separate thread on...
    • 20200704_094841.jpg
    • 20200704_094853.jpg
  • D&J RailRoad
    These are the connectors in question. Real complex to assemble. Crimp or solder wire into the metal contact. Push the contact into the...
    • 20200703_202305.jpg
  • D&J RailRoad
    D&J RailRoad replied to the thread ESu Cab Control.
    I went through that attempt to integrate the ESU with my Digitrax stuff. What a PITA. Every step needed another integration board from...
  • D&J RailRoad
    Yep, did that. They are secure so they don't move in their cluster. It's just that contact piece that moves inside the shell when the...
  • D&J RailRoad
    As for the wiggle, yeah, about 1/16" in and out. That keeps the humps on the contact end of the connector from actually riding up and...
  • D&J RailRoad
    I don't know what the size wire is, but it looks awful thin. The modules require a minimum 14 gauge wire to carry the current and...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.