Recent content by ChuggaChugga

1. C

Need help picking a HO diesel locomotive

Thanks, it helps very much! Most of the model cars I've seen (I think they're called "rolling stock") are extremely light weight, so I'd imagine that unless you have lots and lots of them, and maybe are trying to tug them up hill, that you should be fine with just the A unit. -- I'm speaking...
  2. C

Wow, thank you everyone for your help! The photos posted by GrampsTrains (especially that first one) are just breathtaking! I hope to be that good at making layouts someday. I'm sure when I eventually make my first one that it will leave a lot to be desired -- but that's all part of the fun...
  3. C

Hi everyone! I'm in the process of researching what I'd like to be my very first purchase in this hobby -- a diesel locomotive. I think I'd like my first train layout to have a freight train similar to what could've been seen on the Pennsylvania Railroad in the 1950s. I understand that the...
  4. C

Could someone explain a few things to me?

Thanks for reading this. I've only made a couple of posts so far and I'm about as new to the hobby as it gets. I've started my research into the hobby mainly by browsing online retailers and looking at the various types of equipment - everything from locomotives to grass and weeds. I also...
  5. C

So very new to this!

Thanks for the words of advice. I'm honestly not too sure of what type of train or setup I'd want to do yet, but fortunately I do know a few things that I don't want. I don't want anything really modern or totally urban. I love, love nature and landscapes. Whatever I do, I want it to...
  6. C

So very new to this!

Hi everyone! I realize my first post is a pretty long one, so I definitely appreciate anyone taking the time to read it. My name is Brian and I live near Baltimore, Maryland. I don't have any model trains unless you count the Brio set I played with as a kid. I've always appreciated trains and...

Back