Recent content by catnippertom

1. catnippertom

Quick Loco Identification

Thanks! Much appreciated
  2. catnippertom

Quick Loco Identification

I am just looking for a quick loco identification for my classification purposes. I have a good idea of what they are but I wanted to confirm with the "experts" in the field. The first pic is all Athearn and the second is a crappy Bachmann. I don't need help identifying the caboose😂 I just...
  3. catnippertom

The College Kid Layout Building Saga

Update: The layout is in a very done state at the moment. I finally put the layout on a table and a lot of the details are finished up. I have some things to do still but I think being 95% can be considered pretty done. Here I show off the park scene and the log yard scene. Not much to...
  4. catnippertom

An interchangeable train layout!

Neat stuff. I once saw a guy who hung his layout with pullies from the ceiling. This is another great way of doing this! It makes me wonder if one could make a layout that flips like one of those reversible pool tables like this. Something to think about with the similar size of your layouts...
  5. catnippertom

The 60/40 Layout And Other Railway Related Things

I am so bad with masking tape so this is impressive. Looks great!
  6. catnippertom

A very small L-shaped layout

I really like your small layout! It looks like a ton of fun to run! That UP switcher looks great too!
  7. catnippertom

Like a true model railroader, I am always thinking about the next big thing. I would love to expand, but I am going to have to wait until I am more settled in. This is the college kid layout build after all and I have a bit more schooling to do. This layout will do for now. For now, I will have...
  8. catnippertom

Any tips on cracked gears?

Wow, I had no idea this was such a huge topic 😅 Thanks for all of the tips on this! I should be able to find something in here that works for me!
  9. catnippertom

Lazy man’s HO Roadbed

Personally, I cut mine out to the size of the roadbed for my track. It gave my track some good realistic height. If you want that realistic height then cut it, but if you are fine with how that looks, then don't. Ultimately it is your layout! It looks great so far!
  10. catnippertom

Small Update Again: The work that goes into this update doesn't feel small but it sure is kind of small on the grand scope of things. As you can see I finished the base on the town scene and I am putting green on it as we speak. You can see that I have switched the location of the park since...
  11. catnippertom

Any tips on cracked gears?

I have these two sets of drive wheels that have gears attached to them. They are both from different locos(bachmann and lifelike) that have the same issue. They end up just spinning when the motor moves them making the wheels not move. I bet this is a common issue but I'm just curious to how...
  12. catnippertom

What are you buying this Month?

Here are a few things that I picked up for my rolling stock collection at the last train show that I went to. I am adding to my boring brown rolling stock collection! Let me know what you guys think.
  13. catnippertom

What are you buying this Month?

Fun stuff if you ask me!
  14. catnippertom

Small Update: Here is the super small update from the layout. I started throwing down some scenic base on the town scene. I have put in the ballast in the yard and am starting to green over the rest of the open space. I am still working on flushing out the rest of the space. The logging yard...
  15. catnippertom

Update: Well... the resin is dry and curing...

Back