Recent content by Brunton

1. Nighttime At The Coaling Tower

Nighttime At The Coaling Tower

2. B

Weekend Photo Fun May 18-20 2007

Thanks, Steve, but in daylight it isn't all that impressive. No scenery around it. It did come out looking alright, though - it's the Walthers wood coaling tower in HO with some weathering and lighting added. Other than that and a thinner thread than they supplied for rigging, it's per the...
  3. B

Weekend Photo Fun May 18-20 2007

Here's a shot of my recently-completed coaling tower about to fuel up a BLI heavy Mike:
  4. B

Round Robin Fishing Expedition

Is 4 1/2 hours close enough? :D What happened at the club?
  5. B

Walthers Tannery

Hmmm.... Bet I could turn that Tannery into a real good start on the Worland WY Holly Sugar plant...
  6. B

MRs videos

I've been in Model Railroading for about 35 years, and still enjoy the DPB DVDs. Some of the content is a bit simplistic, but all in all both my wife and I enjoy watching. Every time David Popp says "...I took and ..." we both chuckle.
  7. B

what are you working on?

Extending the grade (roadbed) west of Glenrock towards Casper and south from the helix towards Thermopolis in preparation for laying track and scenicking the Glenrock area.
  8. B

Man VS train

Yeah, those red-and-white striped long boards that come down across the roads are actually just there to help you get some exercise by making you run around them. Stupidity can be terminal.
  9. B

Other Forums?

I visit several occasionally, here once or twice a week (though I rarely post), and Trains.com at least once a day (their "snob factor" seems the lowest to me, and overall I like their forum interface a bit better than other sites. I'm not implying anything or slamming anyone here! That's just...
  10. B

Reflecting on 2006, how was it for you

From a railroading perspective, I finished the Behemoth Helix just before Thanksgiving, and have barely touched the railroad since (recharging the battteries, I think). Around the house, we started painting the exterior in the summer, continued work on the addition interior all year, and...
  11. B

So...I want to build a Helix!

Here's a shot of my helix (not quite finished): (Sorry about the oversized photo - that's what's on my website) My inner track radius is 36". The helix is a suspension type - the support frame is attached to the ceiling, and threaded rods extend downward to support the tiers. This...
  12. B

Comment by 'Brunton' in media 'When steam was king'

Nothing personal - just doesn't all fit together
  13. B

Photo fun for the weekend NOV 3rd - 5th

Not meaning to be critical or anything - just wondering. It looks like you're building in what could be a rather severe S-curve under the bridge. Will a train of those long cars track okay through it?
  14. B

Do you have a hard time balancing hobby vs. life?

I don't have any problems at all balancing hobby with life. I don't mean to be harsh or offensive, but anyone who has trouble prioritizing their hobby with the rest of their life needs to get their head together. There are things I'd like to buy for the layout that I can't because of car...
  15. B

Train Room Progress III - Benchwork done

I've never tried commercial benchwork because of the cost, so I'm curious - was the ease of assembly worth the price?

Back