Recent content by Bristolman2012

1. B

What are you buying this Month?

After losing out on a kato Ho engine ( working ditch lights , I went ahead and purchased a Bachmann Ho diesel with dcc on board . Haven’t run it yet , grandson coming again so I’m going to let him program and test run . mike
  2. B

Decisions to Make

think positive and laugh . Friend of mine said the hardest thing that could happen was finding matching shoes that go with your chemo bag but I was able to send him a photo of my shoes and bag and they matched . Stay tough ! mike
  3. B

Lots of HO stuff for sale. Locos, rolling stock, track, DCC system, tools, etc.

I too had really good experience buying from him . He is honest and straight shooter mike.
  4. B

What happened .

Like I said as soon as saw email from PayPal ( resturant ) , I logged into credit card , disputed charge , everything ok from that end . just waiting for new credit cards is only pain .and not getting diesel I wanted but hey lot bigger disappointments ( my 80 year history ) than that , chaulk it...
  5. B

What happened .

I received 3 emails ( paypal ) . Wishiknew how to post them . One of them even said I set up auto payments to them , the restaurant ! l
  6. B

What happened .

Out of my budget ! mike
  7. B

What happened .

The one I was looking at was dcc ready , working ditch lights . It was 93.00 on slot car site .it was a burlington northern smudge . I have a couple with sound but that part doesn’t matter to me .( scale trains I got at an unbelievable price ) still in their boxes . mike ,
  8. B

What happened .

Thx for all that smudge . This 37-6605 is hard to find , saw some on eBay , so I’ll keep looking and maybe things will straighten out with that web site . I think I’m ok with credit card co too . mike
  9. B

What happened .

Yes that was the site smudge . from What I a tell they are a legit site . mike
  10. B

What happened .

Really confused , not a computer genius by any means . I was on a web site ( slot car union )when looking for a kato Ho engine ( working ditch lights dcc ready ) and road that I wanted . I started check out process and ended up getting an email from PayPal ( don’t have or use ) china king...
  11. B

Kato N Scale -- Switch Problem?

Glad you got it worked out . No need to be embarresed . I too struggled with kato crossovers and turnouts as far as wiring . I read to many online things and one always seemed to contradict the other so I just ended up doing what I thought was right . mike
  12. B

Kato N Scale -- Switch Problem?

If I can I’ll put my 2 cents in . The bypass is the only one section of my track that I put insulators in ( both ends of siding track but powered track on the other side of insulator (so siding track had power .) . I have 3 loop layout (3 crossovers ) and 3 powered turnouts and it runs fine...
  13. B

Number of wire feeders DCC 3 tracks

My kato Ho I have 3 loops approx 10 ft each side and my feeders are every 5 ft but then have a feeder on the other side of .turnouts . Everything works well . mike
  14. B

Track Plan for a Beginner

I agree guilford about Bachman or kato track . ( kato fan )if you don’t like what you guys have done it’s quite easy to disassemble and redo . On my layout in retro spect i would have used. Just 3/4 foam board instead of plywood and 1/2 foam board ) ( dab of hot glue fixing track to foam board...
  15. B

Anybody using a 'Fast Clock" in their railroading activities?

Isn’t this supposed to be a hobby one can enjoy and relax . I could care less if it takes my train 2 hours or 2 minutes to go around a loop as long as it goes around and the cars coupled to the engine stay connected and make it around with it . I’m happy . I ran my train for a couple of loops...

Back