Recent content by brianw

1. B

My N-Scale "Scenic Ridge" Layout

Thanks for the responses, guys. Last night I started on the plaster cloth mountain. After getting all of the newspaper in place, the cloth is pretty easy to work with. I plan on laying it all down, then adding a second layer along with smoothing out any of the holes you may see.
  2. B

Hi Mike, Atlas N code 80, indeed. Good eye!
  3. B

Sorry about that, guys. The images should appear now.
  4. B

I'm about two weeks into this project, so I thought it was about time to get a layout thread started. It's being built off of Woodland Scenics' "Scenic Ridge" layout kit. This is my first layout in 20 years. My last was when I was 12-years old. :) So far, it's bringing back a lot of memories...
  5. B

NOOB Question: Ballast or Landscape First?

Thanks Waltr. I think it makes sense to at least put a paint coat down before adding the readbed and track. That way the white plaster cloth will be easier to hide down the line.
  6. B

NOOB Question: Ballast or Landscape First?

Hi all, I'm currently constructing my first real layout -- Woodland Scenics' "Scenic Ridge." According to the directions, after laying down the plaster cloth, I'm then supposed to install the roadbed, track, and ballast. It seems a little strange that this would be done BEFORE the cloth is...

Back