Recent content by BGW

1. B

0-4-0 Rivarossi project

No it is dc
  2. B

0-4-0 Rivarossi project

Added a LED headlight and made a short video. It is my son's engine. Had not run it for a while. The modifications to this 0-4-0 are in the Video description.
  3. B

mehano mogul 2-6-0 parts

I would check out ebay. You can look for a no running engine with the parts you need. This is what I do, many time for out of production engines. Hope this helps
  4. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

Here is a video
  5. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

6. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

It is the tube between the motor and 1st gear box. I believe as the motor heated up this transmitted to the motor shaft and with some oil residue caused the slipping. I had assembled and dissemble the drives on this engine many times one night chancing a cogging noise and got oil on my fingers...
  7. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

Tested the engine with a train. I think I well need to replace the drive tubes. They seem to be slipping after I ran the engine for a hour or so , then after sitting for some time I think it ran better again. So maybe with some heat they slip and I know I touched the gear shafts with oily hands.
  8. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

Yes I have seen some very nice looking Mantua engines. I remember a article back in the 80s Modelrailroader where a Guy put a Mantua Mike boiler on a 2-6-6-2 ,but do not remember the details now. The fourth driver set that I added is blind ,I tried one with a flange and it hit. I cut the...
  9. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

One thing about Mantua steam is there are tough engines. Maybe a little low on details but can run good. I have always be able to get one of there open frame motors going with cleaning and lube. Also there driver flanges ( Not trucks ) work on code 83 track unlike Rivarossi where I have had to...
  10. B

2-6-8-0 kitbash

I am working on a freelance 2-6-8-0 kitbash. It is running ,but needs some bugs work out. It start with a Mantua 2-6-6-2 with a extra driver added and a Rivarossi heavy pacific / mikado boiler shell. I had build a 2-6-6-2 some year back with a light pacific boiler,but the GN 2-6-8-0s looked...

Back