Recent content by basementempire

1. B

Need some cattle cars

i got a couple of Athearn stock cars from my LHS for about $12 a piece.. just make sure you check your trucks and wheelsets as that was the car i was having trouble with derailing because of a twisted truck assembly. then again, i suppose you should check all your rolling stock for that problem...
  2. B

stock car problems

i took a closer look at my trucks after i unscrewed it from the boxcar. it turns out that the whole assembly was twisted because when i set it on the rail one wheel was clearly off! i couldnt see this before maybe because of the shadows or i wasnt looking close enough. anyway, with a little...
  3. B

stock car problems

thanks for the great, quick replys! i havent had a chance to try anything yet. been pretty busy doing "normal" chores around the house. but im going to try to look at it tonight
  4. B

stock car problems

Hello, im fairly new to the hobby and my son and I are basically just puttering around in the basement with a 4x6 HO layout. anyway.. i recently bought two Athearn 40' stock cars. one has plastic wheels the other has metal wheels. heres my problem. i have had no problems with the plastic...

Back