Recent content by balsaman

1. B

White Meatl Kits

Pork, the other "white meatl". Ha ha. Just kidding, those look great guys!
  2. B

Under Construction - Birmingham UK

Your car is on the wrong side of the road!!!! Just kidding, looks great!!!
  3. B

Boys at it again, Episode IV

That's totally priceless... They will grow up and you will always be the father but you will always have a friend. Keep up the good work.
  4. B

Wooden Structures Rule!

Wow, Todd, Lundy and Custom that is some great work. That makes me want to stop the DPM builds and get me a wood kit. Balsaman
  5. B

Disaster on the East McKeesport & Allegheny Railroad

Not bad for a rookie, but you should use more Yellow Oxide and Burnt Umber to really make it Pop!:D JK, that is too funny!!!
  6. B

Hello. New member here

Hey, New here myself, and you wont find a better group of folks. Balsaman
  7. B

Assymbling a wood trestle

Trees Ok, I need a couple of trees, not too many. I have been trying to figure out if I need Pines or hardwoods. Any ideas? Thanx...
  8. B

Wow, you guys are awesome, I'm hoping to do as good a job as what I have seen here. A couple more and I am going to hit the hay. Tomorrow I will fix the trestle to the base after some measurements.
  9. B

Thank you for the compliments. I made a little progress this week. I hope to have it finished this weekend. I will be adding grass, shrubs, etc. this weekend. I take that back it wont be totally finished as I am going to do a waterfall and pool at the bottom. So that will prolly take...
  10. B

Base Ok, so I had some foam lying around and decided to make that the base. First coat of plaster, foam was scored using a hacksaw blade. Now I cant figure out how to set the trestle in without getting plaster all over the bents. I decided to use the newspaper idea on the...
  11. B

Made some more progress For a scratchbuilt-looking-at-books-and-internet it doesn't look to bad. The cross braces seem a little fat. I will be adding more and I am not doing a serious scale job here just having fun. I plan on getting an Atlas 2-6-0 and some passenger cars to run around...
  12. B

thanx for the info. I went for the garage floor, as I couldn't wait. I glued down some temp peices and ran my stringers, 3 sets of 1/16 by 1/8 each. I have run out of wood and will lay the cross peices etc. tomorrow. By the way it is going to cross between a sofa table and silverware dresser...
  13. B

Hi Selector, Thanx for the reply, I was figuring I needed to build it upside down. I have drawn an 18" arc on a board and was going to temp glue the stringers down then lay out marks for each bent. If you know of a site let me know. Here are my bents and the jig I used. One is the metal...
  14. B

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I have been building trestles(bents) for a n-scale christmas railroad for next year. Anyway, I have about 12 of the 24 bents that I need and am now wondering how you line it all up to assemble it. I made a jig for the bents and figure I must need the same. Anyone...

Back