Recent content by Athlon

1. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

I use a "screen shot". Here's how: 1) Press and hold your 'Shift' key, and while holding down it tap your 'PRT-SC' key. This will put an image of whatever is on your screen into memory. (My 'PRT-SC' key is the left one in the little cluster of keys above my INS, HOME and PAGE-UP keys...
  2. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Okay - One more stab at it.......... I'll 'clean up' the look of those tracks on the left when laying the flex.... I'll post a 3D image when done. (You really get a better feel of the look with it.)
  3. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

That was the joke - she always says ESPN instead of ESP...... :p I'm using Atlas code 55 and Scarm for the design. Because of the way Scarm works I'm using 'snap' track while designing, but I will actually use flex when I build it. Doing it this way shows me what the radius of each curve is...
  4. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Bruce, My daughter would say you have ESPN - very similar to what I'm working on! I should be able to post a new plan sometime on Thursday........ Thank you........
  5. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Okay - I'm working on some changes which will include your ideas. It may be a while before I get a chance to post a new plan, as I'm very busy over the next day or two..... Stay tuned......
  6. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

I'm learning a lot here, and I'm really appreciating it. Been staring at my plan....... The green siding came into the plan as mainly an arrival/departure track. It can also be used as a siding obviously. The original plan always had trains running counter clockwise. But the A/D idea was...
  7. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

So, your're suggesting an 'actual train' be able to back it's consist onto one or more yard tracks and then be able to escape out the yard lead?
  8. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

The same as all the other yard tracks, by pulling and pushing with the switcher? Pulling from the string left on the a/d track and pushing cars into the yard tracks. To build a train I would pull cars from the yard tracks and push them onto the a/d track.
  9. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Back in? Are you looking at post #73? :)
  10. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

But there is no where to connect that track at the other side of the tunnel without shortening the tunnel too much..... Also - Can't trains entering and departing use the A/D track? Believe me, I appreciate any and all advice, and I'm not trying to be negative - I just can't visualize...
  11. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Bringing the yard lead (yellow) down and around will be difficult given the space. I may have to get rid of the staging track under the mountain to do that. However - my plan is to have trains pull into the yard area using the arrival/departure track (green) from either direction, drop the...
  12. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Added........
  13. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

I'll definitely stick an escape track in there somewhere. My thinking before your suggestion was that the arrival/departure track (green) would allow a train to drop it's cars off on that track (from either direction) and my yard switcher could then go to work. Having both gives me more...
  14. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Nice idea - I see what you are trying to do, but I can't make it fit without going to a 10" radius on both sides of it.........
  15. Athlon

My N Scale Track Plan

Exactly :) New Lead track (yellow): 34.8" New A/D track (green): 41.84" Longest yard track (cyan): 30" Not sure exactly which turnout you meant, so I took a stab at it. The new tunnel entrances will be lined up on the actual layout. Scarm doesn't let you 'slide' them around. I'll put...

Back