Recent content by allegheny pusher

1. A

Chessie Nut from Germany

Hi Louis M B Klein is my first choice for many years now and yes it is a very good company.Ebay has also a few good sellers.Bye the way, is there anyway a track plan,how the track ran at the Bethlehem steel works?Can´t find anything on the internet. CA
  2. A

Converting from Marklin to DCC

As hunslet040 said the conversion is possible but come at a price.I have done a few conversions and it´s pain and the result are often not want one had in mind.The biggest issue is the motor cause it runs stock on alternate currance and we need direct currance for DCC.You have to change...
  3. A

CSX Transflo, NY

Well done,nice job.Like the U boat a lot (may mention that i´m GE fan).It seems you have a lot switching fun.
  4. A

Drawings of NASA rocket booster canopy

Want to build a series of Nasa rocketbooster flatcars.I already got me a few Walthers heavy duty 4truck flat cars.My thoughts were going to make a mold from rubber or latex to make a series for the canopy.The lenght is not a problem but the width,cause the canopy is wider than the car itself.A...
  5. A

Chessie Nut from Germany

I´m busy with a rolling mill from that area but still not satisfied with the trackage.It has to fit on modules (2-3)and want of course the most switching fun.Not always an easy task.Not to forget i have to involve Chessie in the hole action.Got the BLI PBNE NW2 Bethlehem switcher ,awesome...
  6. A

Chessie Nut from Germany

I´m also from Lower Saxony,funny.I focus on steel coil trains at Bethlehem Steel and covered 3 bay hoppers.Got very lucky and found a few of the Bruce Friedmann IMR Pullman Hoppers.Will post pics later.
  7. A

Chessie Nut from Germany

Thanks,that´s the ultimate steamer.Very nice layout, like the bridge :oAwesome,it´s the ultimate steamer
  8. A

Chessie Nut from Germany

Howdy Folks.My name is Carsten and living in North Germany.I model the Chessie System,L&N,Family Lines and Seaboard System in Ho during the 80´s till late 90´s.At home i haven´t got a layout but are a member of Fremo (US FREEMO)and building module layouts.
  9. A

What US roadnames operate in Canada?

As far as i know Chessie System made it into Canada in the 80´s.I don´t know if D&H or B&M crossed the border.But it is an interesting question and grave in it.

Back