My adventures in Ho Scale.

Haven't done an update in a while but work still continues to move.

Got the main staging yard completed and wired up. Here is what it looks like completed. Still have a few fill in ties to add, but for the most part it is done and testing will continue.

IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg

Haven't done an update in a while but work still continues to move.

Got the main staging yard completed and wired up. Here is what it looks like completed. Still have a few fill in ties to add, but for the most part it is done and testing will continue.

View attachment 174693View attachment 174694
Mike I'm really impressed, you've got a lot more done than I thought you had, fantastic mate, well done. :)

With the yard area now complete, it's time to run the mainline around from that yard area into the next section.

This section will be the oil refinery. Its going to have 4 tracks. 2 for storage and 2 for loading/unloading/ each being around 12 ft long. If I need more storage, I have the option of curving them behind the backdrop.

It will use 2- Walthers North Island refinery kits and at least 5 storage tanks.

IMG_0981.jpeg

Progress over the last few days:

Glued the inclines down for the mainline from the yard area thru the oil refinery where it goes thru the backdrop (hidden area).
IMG_0987.jpeg
IMG_0988.jpeg

Here is where it will go thru and behind the backdrop. Never mind the Opps. I measured carefully and still managed to drill square into a support, so I had to move it over some.

IMG_0989.jpeg

Have you done any track testing yet ?
In the yard only, everything is looking good so far.

The mainline isn't wired up yet. I've done the roll test on the incline several times with a string of 6 longer hoppers,

Running a bus line is next on the agenda. I need another sheet of foam and a couple sheets of plywood. I'm to the point of switching from the foam inclines to plywood (cookie cutter) roadbed. Plus, I'm running low on track. That box of 100 pieces didn't last long.

Running a bus line is next on the agenda. I need another sheet of foam and a couple sheets of plywood. I'm to the point of switching from the foam inclines to plywood (cookie cutter) roadbed. Plus, I'm running low on track. That box of 100 pieces didn't last long.
That's the bit where you swear you'll never do this again as your arms and neck take a beating from crawling under, (hence me having a vertical layout.)

As your hundred pieces didn't last long just shows how much progress you've made with this, I wish I had space for a hundred pieces, but I'm enjoying watching this build and seeing your first full length track circuit with a loco.

I finally got around to getting the plywood I needed to take the layout from the foam inclines and start using cookie cutter sub-roadbed.

Here I have my 36" radius curves all drawn out. Now a trip to the hardware store for some jigsaw blades, and the cutting can begin.

16-36" arcs will fit on a 4X8 sheet of plywood. Could have gotten 17 if I tightened them up some more.

IMG_0995.jpeg
IMG_0994.jpeg

Back