Scale trains BNSF Trinity reefer announcement.

Looks like us modern molders are going to finally get a badly needed car. Looks like it will be available with or without sound.

Announced today:

I don’t have a real need for these but I would like to compare the Atlas ARMN reefers to the ST Reefers.

I think ST makes some of the best rolling stock IMO. Now that the Atlas reefers I was buying at $35 each are now $55 the ST pricing at $55 each is reasonable.

I’ll get at least one

I don’t have a real need for these but I would like to compare the Atlas ARMN reefers to the ST Reefers.

I think ST makes some of the best rolling stock IMO. Now that the Atlas reefers I was buying at $35 each are now $55 the ST pricing at $55 each is reasonable.

I’ll get at least one
I about fell out of the recliner when I read this announcement! This is a car I was losing hope would ever get produced. They have set themselves up for a goldmine here.

Maybe this will open the door to Cryotrans reefers Next. Another car I had lost hope we would ever see.

I bet when these come out your going to be a weathering fool for a while. Some of these things are 20+ years old, and are starting to show some age. You will probably get alot of customers wanting these done up!

Words of warning: If you have your heart set on these cars, PRE-ORDER them. It cost nothing until they actually ship them to you from Tennessee. But their cars/engines sell fast and there generally isn't but a few left over...mainly from cancellations. They really don't stock stuff like the manufacturers of old.

Words of warning: If you have your heart set on these cars, PRE-ORDER them. It cost nothing until they actually ship them to you from Tennessee. But their cars/engines sell fast and there generally isn't but a few left over...mainly from cancellations. They really don't stock stuff like the manufacturers of old.
Good point! Plus if you order direct from them they pick up the shipping if it’s over $99. Pretty good deal.

Hiawatha Hobbies always gets enough ST models that generally allows me not to have to pre-order. But, I have to drive 140 miles round trip and pay the Wisconsin sales tax. I have though pre-ordered from ST before and conferring with a couple reefer clients yesterday by text I will pre-order 2 of each number totaling 16, I ordered no sound cars

Mike, in theory these should be big for my weathering but I do very little graffiti and these cars are a canvas waiting for the artist/vandals to perform on. Maybe by Fall my graffiti will be good enough to sell. We shall see.Thanks for the encouragement and push

Last edited:
On another forum, a member wanting these cars has about 30 posts covering every detail of each series of the cars and their construction and modifications. He is well into the CAD now. I think it's called Dabney's law. (scratch)Build it and so will all the manufacturers.

Back