New Atlas O

Atlas has added a new line to their O scale equipment. While it looks like the old 70's equipment, it is indeed new tooling.

http://www.atlaso.com/Trainman/atotrainman.htm

The RSD 4/5 is new for sure and the cars are supposedly going to be more rugged and detailed.

You decide, good, rehash or waste of time.

My opinion is they should have gone with more modern cars and engine. Plenty to choose from and still fit the smaller layout theme.

Greg

My opinion is they should have gone with more modern cars and engine
Hi Greg, gee it looks like it will be a fine model, nice detail ect. I don't know all that much about the markets, but there's a lot modelers out there that haven't updated to the more modern types of power. My self (although HO) the latest engines I have, are a pair of undec dash nines. I have no idea of where they'll fit in among the Alcos and the GP's, 7 up to GP50. I only bought them because the price was great ( ebay) and still might use the motors to drive something else.
Cheers Willis

Atlas has added a new line to their O scale equipment. While it looks like the old 70's equipment, it is indeed new tooling.

http://www.atlaso.com/Trainman/atotrainman.htm

The RSD 4/5 is new for sure and the cars are supposedly going to be more rugged and detailed.

You decide, good, rehash or waste of time.

My opinion is they should have gone with more modern cars and engine. Plenty to choose from and still fit the smaller layout theme.

Greg

Greg;

Even though I'm HO, I have always enjoyed O scale 2 rail. I have also loved the newer manufacturers getting into O scale. Back when I hung around with Roy Keeley, the only engines it seemed you could get other than brass was All-Nation. These were zamac kits and, boy were they heavy. Kemtron IIRC had a GP-7/9 in brass, a shay and C-16 for On3. All kits and none of them really easy. You almost had to have a machine shop to build them.
Quality Craft had O scale offerings of their HO kits, and Lykens Valley made kits of then current, (modern), cars. Walthers also offered O scale kits for cars, although I never built one. Built many of the others. Those were good times for me.

Back