Wiring a Wilson Turntable

PRRGuy39

I've had a Wilson turntable in its original box for a least 20 years I am now in the process of my first serious layout and want to include it as part of it.
I've been searching the internet trying to find info on how wire it into my DCC or just plain old DC. Any help anyone has on its installation would be appreciated,

Are there instructions still in the kit box? If the pit where the bridge rotates doesn't have metal rings running around the pit wall, then it can't get power to the rails via wipers there. So that leaves the spindle or pivot complex. Sometimes there are small brass rings that are meant to be placed somewhere on the spindle. Two wipers would wipe them from a mount, and there should be two terminals on the mount for one wire each.

Those brass rings will need small wires soldered to them, maybe, and run up to each rail. This way, the spindle and bridge rotate as one, including the brass rings and their feeders. The wipers offer the separation to prevent wires from twisting as the bridge turns.

This is just a guess. I don't know anything about the Wilson turntable.

Thanks for your information. I'll need to digest it when I'm physically looking at the table to see what or how it's connected to the bridge.
Oh, there aren't any instructions with the table, that's why I'm asking for anyone who might have a copy of them. After all these years I'm finally getting serious about using it.

Last edited:
There was a short discussion on this forum back in 2013 that might be helpful.

Wilson turntable
Appreciate your input, checked it out was somewhat helpful. It also wrung a bell about reading a thread about wiring the Wison and there was a member who said he had a copy of the installation instructions, I 've search for the thread but cannot seem to find it. I know it was maybe 2013 or even earlier. I don't even know if the member who has it is even alive. I seem to remember him as PC101. Does that ring any bells?

Back