O gauge f-3 protosound 2 rio grande

Sheldon1836

Any one know what the possible problem is with my train. When I hold the whistle button on my transformer when train is active the horn buzzer should go allowing me to hear the pfa sounds. I use to hear now arriving in Montreal on track 1. In order to hear it the horn has to blow while u hold the whistle button down. It stopped doing that. I have a zw-80 controller and a separate horn and whistle button. I still hear bells when u start up and the horn and whistle buttons work when independently pushed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean a CW-80 transformer, and not a ZW-80 transformer (typo, perhaps)? What brand, type, model, and full product number is your locomotive? Based on a few clues in your post, I am assuming it's a Lionel diesel, and probably a CN or CP road name. But need more pertinent information to help diagnose your problem.

Do you mean a CW-80 transformer, and not a ZW-80 transformer (typo, perhaps)? What brand, type, model, and full product number is your locomotive? Based on a few clues in your post, I am assuming it's a Lionel diesel, and probably a CN or CP road name. But need more pertinent information to help diagnose your problem.
Protosound sounds like MTH brand to me.

Back