Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Found another really cool one someone had kitbashed on another forum...

IMGP1233B1.jpg

Came up a twin tank car idea for an easily removeable load...

IMG_4152.png

IMG_4153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, you have a very inventive mind. See if you can get CJ to post a picture of one flatcar load he built and see if anyone can guess where it came from. You'd appreciate it. :D

Larry, you have a very inventive mind. See if you can get CJ to post a picture of one flatcar load he built and see if anyone can guess where it came from. You'd appreciate it. :D

OK Jim! Here it is. Who can guess what it really is?????

Fltload.png

Here are some proto pics of a cool load I shot yesterday - 3 flat cars with Komatsu heavy equipment. I think these are the powertrain / frame assemblies for large dump trucks. I want to model these, probably starting with the core of a larger scale model.

Fltload.png

OK fellas, this is what it is. It's an O2 sensor off of a cardio-pulmonary bypass machine. I spent 5 years as the charge nurse in CVOR, and this was a brand of sensor we no longer used. I asked the chief of the CV-surgery dept if I could have it and he gave it to me. I thought that it would make a good load, and it does!

OK fellas, this is what it is. It's an O2 sensor off of a cardio-pulmonary bypass machine. I spent 5 years as the charge nurse in CVOR, and this was a brand of sensor we no longer used. I asked the chief of the CV-surgery dept if I could have it and he gave it to me. I thought that it would make a good load, and it does![/QUOTE]

Never would have guessed that in a million years.:D:D:D

LOL, that's why I wanted CJ to post it. I worked with those machines when I was a respiratory therapist, and I never would have guessed what it was either. Just goes to show that almost anything can be made into a convincing flatcar load of something. :)

Mike, those are some interesting loads. I think your guess is probably right, but I've never seen those big mine trucks broken down like that.

Here are some proto pics of a cool load I shot yesterday - 3 flat cars with Komatsu heavy equipment. I think these are the powertrain / frame assemblies for large dump trucks. I want to model these, probably starting with the core of a larger scale model.

I have 2 of those big Mine Trucks. 1 in Plastic & 1 in Metal. I'll have to do a load like that or sell you the ones I have & "you" can do the loads. PM me if interested.:D

Back