TV Show Railroad Alaska

The cinematography is absolutely incredible. The premise is excellent, but the storylines tend to be not-so-good.

I did watch the show from time to time during the day. I would turn it on and the wife just rolled her eyes at me. Reminded me of when I was a kid riding with my relatives. on the Milwaukee Road and the Northern Pacific.

Beautiful country. It was interesting listening as the power was increased and decreased. I did enjoy it.

I do watch the program on Saturday night also. Like many reality show, things are over dramatized but I do enjoy how the folks live off grid and how they deal with their problems.

Ya if I have to watch a reality show, I'd rather it be the railroad. Being a conductor/engineer working for a railroad godda be a boring job though. I would fall asleep after the 1st hour. LOL

I enjoy some aspects of the show, but the fake drama is a little over the top and completely unneeded. Got so bad on one episode I turned it off.
Tom

I enjoy some aspects of the show, but the fake drama is a little over the top and completely unneeded. Got so bad on one episode I turned it off.
Tom

It is like all of these garbage so called reality shows ... mostly choreographed with very little reality.

I have watched it once and did so for the scenery and the fact that my oldest son lives in Anchorage. Other than that, it got very boring after a very short time.

I checked it out because my wife is always going on about when her Mom's (3rd?) husband was foreman on constructing the road supporting the ALCAN Pipeline up there and they lived there for a few years! She was about 9 or 10 so it was a memorable thing for her.
Beautiful country up there, I've never been but driving up there is on the bucket list.

On Thanksgiving day they had a show that lasted about 5 hours with a camera set in the cab as the train was running down the tracks. That's all they showed. You could hear the change in the throttle and that was about all of the sound there was. No drama but just great views of Alaska.

On Thanksgiving day they had a show that lasted about 5 hours with a camera set in the cab as the train was running down the tracks. That's all they showed. You could hear the change in the throttle and that was about all of the sound there was. No drama but just great views of Alaska.

THAT would have been worth seeing!

Beautiful country up there, I've never been but driving up there is on the bucket list.

We lived on Kodiak and in Anchorage for 5 years. The countryside is unbelievable, but the people weren't quite sane. When we moved back to the Lower 48 (aka "The Outside"), we drove down the Alcan and on the Trans-Canada to Vermont. Two adults, two children ages two and five, and a dog, in a VW Rabbit with a roof rack and hauling a U-Haul. 4,655 miles, too weeks, averaging 45 mph. That trip is burned into my memory. Good thing, cause when I sent the film in to be developed (remember those days?) We got someone else's vacation photos back.

Oh crap!

Yes I was not referring to the actual Railroad Alaska weekly show. I was talking about the 5 hour special they had running all day yesterday. With the camera on the cab of the loco.

Yes I was not referring to the actual Railroad Alaska weekly show. I was talking about the 5 hour special they had running all day yesterday. With the camera on the cab of the loco.

LOL! Probably far better than the show I saw! Started out ok, people that live on a road and it happens to be a rail road, cool, and then the fake 'reality' kicked in.

Back