WPF October 1-- October 8

Since October is here, I thought I'd 'roll out the barrels' to kick off a new week of WPF.
Thanks in advance for looking,
D.A.

Barrel Company HO Scale 1.jpg

Barrel Company HO Scale 4.jpg

Nice start to the thread! Great shots and work from both D.A. and Corey! Here is an oldie from the SLO&W, the old Octagon Blacksmith Shop, based on one still standing in Alloway, NY. This is a complete Scratchbuild.

BlacksmithFinal06w_zpsee61cbae.png

Love that scene Ray! For some reason I picture that as being right here in Southern Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible work everyone. I don't normally post here but this is a pair of Pennsy GP7's getting ready to start a coal drag from the mine.

20151002_143920_zpsy2exflsk.jpg

Thanks Corey! This is the building as it sits today. It was built in 1832 I believe... I modeled it as it might have been in 1925. There is a postcard of it taken in 1909 as well.

AllowayBlacksmithFront_zpsbtm2awi6.png

More great photos. Nice Curt. Jay, stop posting prototype photos. laugh.gif Jay, where is this building?

Jay, where is this building?

I assume you miss typed and you are asking me... Ray...

The shop is found in Alloway, NY just a mile and a half South of a Village called Lyons. It is found just off Rt. 14A on the corner of Water St. and Rt. 399 (Alloway Rd.). Google Alloway, NY and you can zoom down to the street view and see it.

I assume you miss typed and you are asking me... Ray...

The shop is found in Alloway, NY just a mile and a half South of a Village called Lyons. It is found just off Rt. 14A on the corner of Water St. and Rt. 399 (Alloway Rd.). Google Alloway, NY and you can zoom down to the street view and see it.

Sorry Ray - Thanks, that's an interesting building. It's nice to see these older buildings preserved and it looks like it is apparently in use. Found it on Google earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
The operations superintendent is playing with the LCRR #10 a new fangled contraption. It's a Plymouth gas locomotive. It can pull a good number of cars on level track. It can't pull more than one car up the 6% grade.
ec465492167dcd9e682f7eb45956e3bb.jpg
b3dc19b2e0226b0a7990ffb08e486705.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kudos everyone!

Corey, that scene looks so real.
Ray, fantastic scratch building job on the Blacksmith Shop; it looks better than the original building.
Montanan, Hank's Repair reminds me of days past.
Jay, superb with dramatic lightning.
Curt, I like your coal drag; you need to post more often.

D.A.

Back