A ghost, I wist!

Halloween may be long past, but I was digging through my CP photos from the late 80s and 90s, and what did I find in one but the spirit of a long-scrapped consolidation sitting quietly beside its former roundhouse?
ghostconsolidationvirginia.jpg

Okay, so that was, in fact, a few days ago on my model railroad....I was using my new digital, so a double exposure wasn't an option, so I turned down the lights, set the exposure to 8 seconds, and whipped the consolidation out of the picture with swift hands after about 5 seconds.

I was using my new digital, so a double exposure wasn't an option...

Well at least not in the camera, for most of 'em anyway. I think some digital cameras will actually let you do tricks like that.

If yours isn't one of them, don't despair. Using a tripod and digital imaging program like Photoshop you can merge images and do all kind of fancy things.

On the other hand, it would be a LOT more complicated than the way you did it, and you'd have to spend a lot of time learing the program etc. So your approach, when it works as well as it did, is probably the best.

Well at least not in the camera, for most of 'em anyway. I think some digital cameras will actually let you do tricks like that.

If yours isn't one of them, don't despair. Using a tripod and digital imaging program like Photoshop you can merge images and do all kind of fancy things.

On the other hand, it would be a LOT more complicated than the way you did it, and you'd have to spend a lot of time learing the program etc. So your approach, when it works as well as it did, is probably the best.
Right on Bob!

As for the new camera, keep it up, we can get alot of shots now ;)

Back