Sometimes it pays to stand back more than normal...

Hi Eric, great to see you in here for a change..!:cool: I guess you know that video has gone viral, even the Weather Channel is hosting a shorter version of it.

Hi Eric, great to see you in here for a change..!:cool: I guess you know that video has gone viral, even the Weather Channel is hosting a shorter version of it.

Hey Ken! Yeah, I don't get by nearly as often as I'd like. Let's just say work training has kept me very busy since last Summer...

As for the video going viral, I had no idea. It was posted about three days ago. I couldn't help but think of the awesome still photos that could have come out of that situation. A bright red locomotive in those conditions and some nice L glass would have been fun!

Take care,
Eric

When I saw that, I wondered how the crew were able to function properly. They couldn't see if the gates were down, or see the lineside signals (if it isn't a dark corridor). And it looked to be more snow than what the windscreen wipers could push off. (But, hey- in south Texas we don't understand much about snow.)

With all the tonnage that was behind that loco, I think the crew assumed the crash position and hoped for the best.

It's dark territory, no worries about signals, and if you notice the windshield was mostly clear until that last 100 yards before the crossing, so likely the wipers would handle it. And the taller windows by the walkways were mostly clear, it was only the central panes that were covered.

Don't think they could see anything for about 200 yards, wipers or not. It's what you call, being committed.

Back