how long is a mile?

jabber1990

if somebody wanted to model a scale mile, how long would that be?

and yes, for argument sakes we're going to assume its a straight line

so what would a mile be in Z? N? HO? S? O? G?

Remember back in elementary school your teacher told you to pay attention because someday you were going to need to know that.

Today is the day!

Yeah, I'm still tryin to figure out the math problem of: If a train left city Y and another train left city X...

if somebody wanted to model a scale mile, how long would that be?

and yes, for argument sakes we're going to assume its a straight line

so what would a mile be in Z? N? HO? S? O? G?

For argument's sake ? What, is a mile a different length if it's going around corners ? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Mark.

Here's our dilemma in Canada: I jump in my half ton truck drive 60 kilometers an hour down the mile road to get 50 liters of gas so I can go and get some 2X4 inch lumber.
No wonder we need the strong beer up here!:cool:

Here's our dilemma in Canada: I jump in my half ton truck drive 60 kilometers an hour down the mile road to get 50 liters of gas so I can go and get some 2X4 inch lumber.
No wonder we need the strong beer up here!:cool:

You've given me a headache.

And don't forget, Rico, you still need to determine how long a piece that 2x4 lumber will be! Inches and feet, or centimeters and meters? And why not use Imperial gallons while you're at! :confused:

Photoman475

Yeah, I'm still tryin to figure out the math problem of: If a train left city Y and another train left city X...
I found it! I wrote the author's web site and they sent me to a person, "Manager of Permissions", who pointed me to AmurePrints.com and there it is!
ft990214.gif

FOXTROT (c) Bill Amend. Reprinted with permission of UNIVERSAL UCLICK. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sidetrack, wondering if this was going to evolve into km vs mile discussion? One of my favorite topics to argue.

Iron Horseman--The cartoon reminds me of my high school math experience. Seems like I always got those wrong, even though I somehow figured out how to trisect an angle and a shortcut equation to find the square root.

lasm

Back