Lighting

yrusoslo

Hello, I'm building the Walther's Cornerstone Diesel Shop for our club layout. Any suggestion for lignting for the three pits and up in the roof. Led, what color? Thanks, Joe

Hello, I'm building the Walther's Cornerstone Diesel Shop for our club layout. Any suggestion for lignting for the three pits and up in the roof. Led, what color? Thanks, Joe

White LED's resemble the light from florescent tubes.
Yellow LED's somewhat resemble incandescent lighting.

I'm finding the former works great for commercial buildings and the latter works ok for house lighting.

To get around the small viewing angle I painted the inside of the roof white and aim the bulb straight up. It does a good job of spreading the light out over a larger area.

See my photo gallery. I've found LEDs aren't very good if you're in a transition era layout. Plus they're friggin blinding! I recommend regular incandescent bulbs, similar to what engines use or wheat bulbs for smaller buildings.

See my photo gallery. I've found LEDs aren't very good if you're in a transition era layout. Plus they're friggin blinding! I recommend regular incandescent bulbs, similar to what engines use or wheat bulbs for smaller buildings.

If you use Warm White LEDs they should give you the same perceotion of incandescent bulbs especially if you bounce the light off a white ceiling.

Jim

Back