ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
First, let me preface this by saying I am just trying to share some knowledge on the web browsing / adware/ malware issue and not intending to fuel any tensions.
Interent Explorer has many vulnerabilities toadware/ malware on the web. There are several things you can do to protect your...
-
M
I don't know if this will meet your pricing requirements, but I really like the products that Dick Blick's Art Supply carries. The Acrylics are very high quality and are cheaper in terms of quantity to cost than Testors or similar products. They also have stuff like Pastel Chalks and Gouache...
-
M
A technique I picked up over modeltrainsweathered.com was the use of hairspray, like aquanet, to seal a watercolor based wash. In my efforts to learn this technique I noticed something else about the aerosol hair spray: It adds a very appealing, weathered texture to whatever you are painting...
-
M
That is a great photo. One of my goals in coming back to the hobby is that I want to be able to share it with my children as my grandfather shared it with me.
-
M
A few questions for those in this thread.
1.) I saw a mention of wireless. Is that on the horizon or a pipe dream? I would imagine with current hardware technology it would certainly be possible.
2.) There was a reference to USB being an issue? What is the issue?
3.) Could someone...
-
M
Ahh sorry about the poor etiquette, I am used to a board where the admins actually prefer all the questions to stay in general threads on specific topics, so my apologies.
I would say my vision is for something much larger and much more expansive than 4x8. Like perhaps a model of the Great...
-
M
I am new to these forums as of today, but I have been a fan of trains my whole life. I am 31 years old and am just getting back into Model Railroading. I'm also working on an MBA in Financial Analysis and Strategic Management. So from the latter background I'll voice a few observations:
1)...
-
M
Hi, I thought I would post in here rather than start a new thread.
I am working on my very first lay out for a 4x8 Model. My major druthers are as follows:
Great Norther RR, F-series Diesel preferred
3 Stall Round house w/ Turntable
1 Bridge over some water
One hill with a fall forest...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)