ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
T
Any one out there that has the Walthers 5 Car Double Stack Set? How do you like it compared to the Kato Gunderson Maxi IV? Do the cars attach seperately or is it one big piece like the Deluxe? :confused:
-
T
Anyone have any issue with this decoder? I just bought 2 for the AC4400 and they run for about 10 secs then it acts like it shorts. A club member has the same issue. Are the decoders just crappy?
-
T
Which manufacturer makes boxcars with opening doors? MT or InterMountain?
-
T
First instance
Second instance
-
T
I've read on some websites that decoders for these two types of locomotives are difficult to put in or have performance issues after installation. Is there any validity to their stories? The reason why I ask is because I am interested in purchasing these locos. Any input is much appreciated.
-
T
Okay, back to square one. Which N scale locos do have a sound decoder. Sorry I am new. Would the Kato AC4400 have a decoder for it? Thanks guys for welcoming me into this great hobby. This guy on ebay has this one that has sound but with MRC decoder. Not sure if this is compatible with...
-
T
Thanks Jim. Would I have to solder anything or this plug and play?
-
T
Is there anything out there for my new Kato SD-80MAC's? This is N scale. I would like to know what I need for my Digitrax DCC system. Thanks.
-
-
T
Does any know the name of the manufacturer(s) that make these small cameras to be fitted on the n scale locomotives?
-
T
:mad: Man I fiddled with the decorder that works when assigning addresses for over 1 hour. I finally gave up. I will just don't get any response out of the loco. I even put back the factory decoder and assigned it to 00 and it work to verify the motor and contacts are good.
-
T
Zephyr - N Scale.
I bought two decoders for my Kato SD80MAC and seem to have issues even though i followed instructions. One decoder writes the address and displays on my Zephyr but when i try to run the train nothing happens. No light or anything.
The second decoder I installed and...
-
T
Ok, the rookie question. Examples of how both would be used.
-
T
Whats the difference between a single pole, double throw; and a double pole, double throw?
-
T
Ok, now this make sense. THANK YOU ALL for your postings. I just have to think like electricity. This is such a cool hobby, much to learn.
-
T
Ok, now I'm confused. All turnouts are #6 PECO Insulfrog 2 LH and 2 RH. I ran the train to the staging side, and it stopped. Once i connected the 2nd cab to the staging track it started again. So I guess it isolating the current. So I wanted to have the train continue to move into the stage...
-
T
Okay, here's the rookie question. So I wanted to keep this 2nd track as a staging track to park trains on 1 cab, which switches should I use? I wanted to be able to run the same cab to the stage track but once parked and the switch turned on back to the main line, the train on the stage track...
-
T
What is a reverse loop and can someone define the difference between the two insulfrog vs electrofrog?
-
T
Hello from North Carolina. I am new to trains and just joined the forum. Hope all is well and I look forward to learning from all of you. :D
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)