Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    New Hobby Idea: Non-Operating Collectibles?

    That F45 is probably the closest thing I've seen so far too what I envision. But I really wasn't inquiring so much about existing offerings as much as pondering the feasibility of a new product line specifically marketed to collectors not interested in operating. In other words, fine art pieces...
  2. R

    New Hobby Idea: Non-Operating Collectibles?

    And I just realized I've run us all straight into the old "collector versus operator" that's been raging since the days of the ancient Greeks, or at least well before my days as an (increasingly frustrated) N-scale operator... Having seen both sides of the coin, I will attempt to summarize my...
  3. R

    New Hobby Idea: Non-Operating Collectibles?

    Of course, if you're going to put the time and effort into building something from a kit, it might as well be operable!!! What I had in mind were models that were pre-finished and ready to go, like my airliners. .. taking advantage of the lack of need of operation by possibly being in a smaller...
  4. R

    New Hobby Idea: Non-Operating Collectibles?

    When I was a kid, my dad and I had an N scale layout based on the Conrail Indianapolis Division mainline through our hometown of Anderson, IN (MP 245 to MP 250 from Cleveland, now QI-245 to QI-250 under CSX). Once I started college, my parents sold their house and moved to an apartment in...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top