Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Rail pro...Any good ?

    That's what I get for not going back and reading that post!:eek:24vac. Wanted to say that the HC-2 handheld has the guts of the Railpro system in it. You give commands between the HC-2 and the loco/locos. I really think this helps in the long run. PW
  2. B

    Rail pro...Any good ?

    Carey, the HC-2/ not HC-1 that I've said previously my mistake uses a battery in it. It comes installed from Ring Engineering in the HC-2. They say it will give years of use. If you would need a new battery they said it will have to be sent in to them. They say you may never need a new battery...
  3. B

    Rail pro...Any good ?

    Not too expensive...Compared to... Railpro is just as expensive as the wireless duplex systems by Digitrax and NCE. Remember, you have 2 way communication from the handheld HC-1 to the module in the engine. Way better than DCC which is between handheld to command station then to the loco. I've...
  4. B

    Rail pro...Any good ?

    As far as price Yankee Dabbler, Traintek LLC sell the items for 25% off list. HC-1 handheld is $299; LM-1 loco module is $74.95 and the power supply is $202-203; Railpro also has auto reverse and a accessory turnout controller., which I don't have. I have not run into any bugs so far and most...
  5. B

    Rail pro...Any good ?

    Railpro is a very good system... I've had it for about 3-4 months now. First, it doesn't use batteries in the locos. It may in the future if batteries get smaller. That said, I am very pleased with it. I model HO scale. I power it with my Digitrax Super Chief system. I power DCC and Railpro...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top