ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
BLI Centipede drawbar connection
In case this didn't come in the box with the locomotive, you can find instructions on connecting the drawbar between units at
http://www.broadway-limited.com/support/centipede%20drawbar%20instructions.pdf
-
S
RE: Proto 2000 RDC . . . not . . .
Yes, the former Life-Like, and now Walthers, never produced a Proto 2000 (or P2K) RDC.
The new RDC offerings from Walthers are the equivalent of the Proto 1000, cast on hand grabs and very few individual add-on parts.
Don
Lower Arizona
-
S
RE: PRR Baldwin Centipedes . . .
From Withers Publishing, Pennsylvania Railroad Diesel Locomotive Pictorial, Volume Four - Baldwin Cab and Transfer Units by John D Hahn Jr . . .
The Baldwin Centipedes built for the Pennsylvania Railroad were ordered in pairs. First pair was built 4/17/47...
-
S
As mentioned, many of Bowsers car kits and RTR cars are derived from Pennsylvania Railroad prototypes.
The main difference between the Red Caboose X-29 and Bowser's X-31 cab be demonstrated in the two photos I posted. How detailed do you want your cars to be.
The Bowser (as well as the Walthers...
-
S
The best choice for the X-29 boxcar for the Pennsylvania Railroad is those produced by Red Caboose. A while back, Red Caboose transitioned their production to Intermountain Railroad Company
http://intermountain-railway.com/
This is what might be referred to as a 1934 build with dreadnaught...
-
S
RE: Rapido Passenger Cars in PRR decor
When the HO scale Rapido passenger cars were released decorated for the Pennsylvania Railroad, I looked at them, briefly. None of the cars are even close to what they claim to represent for the PRR . . .
Don
Lower Arizona
-
S
EMD FP-7 HO Scale locomotives
I used to have a pair of the Atlas FP-7A undecorated locomotives with dual headlights. They were on the to-do list to be converted to PRR FP-7 locomotives but they never got moved to the ready track . . . declared surplus when the Intermountain units were...
-
S
The ultrasonic cleaner I have has a stainless steel tank as part of the cleaner. This is partially filled with water. The parts I am cleaning or stripping are placed in a container of some sort that is smaller than the stainless steel tank of the cleaners. This container is where the IPA (or...
-
S
Ultrasonic Cleaner and paint removal
Will have to disagree with this. I have had a small ultrasonic cleaner, built from a kit during the mid seventies, and I have used it to loosen the paint on dozens of HO scale locomotive bodies and rolling stock bodies. I fill a small tub with 91% IPA...
-
S
Slightly north of Tucson.
Don
Lower Arizona
-
S
I was born into a railroading family. We lived in Somerville, MA, just outside of Boston and within walking distance of a Boston and Maine railroad yard. My grandfather worked as an engineer for the B&M and retired from service around 1958 as a passenger engineer. My father worked for the B&M...
-
S
Model Railroad Club in Sierra Vista
If I remember correctly, there is a model railroad club in the Sierra Vista, AZ area:
Cochise & Western Model Railroad Club
680 North Fort Avenue,
Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635
Don
Lower Arizona
-
S
Return on Investment
Just like a 401K, no one can probably tell you what the future holds as far as return on investment on your model railroading purchases.
I reentered the hobby during 1969 and accumulated a lot of Athearn Blue Box locomotives.Perhaps about 10-12 years ago, I started trying...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)