Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    What would happen if you used a 16V transformer for a 15V controller (but both are 1000ma).
  2. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    I think I found something better http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_100108_-1
  3. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    Are these what I should be looking at then? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=1000mA+transformer+DC&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_odkw=1000mA+transformer&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
  4. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    What's wrong with the one that ianacole suggested?
  5. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    I think it needs to go the other way, I need to power up American Power to run a British train controller. I want to be able to run this train set in my North American home...
  6. F

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    Outside of the typical "go Google it" response, I wanted to ask this question because I wanted to see if someone had any particular insight about this issue (like a certain website to order from)? I would like to find one for a reasonable sum (around $50-60 or under). I posted this on another...
  7. F

    Using Duct Tape to attach the track to the wood?

    Remember, any tool can be the right tool.
  8. F

    Using Duct Tape to attach the track to the wood?

    This may sound like a silly question but can I use folded duct tape (double sized) and tape the tracks onto the wood. I want something that is easy to attach and disassemble. I've found that nailing the tracks to the wood in the end is a pain to take them out.
  9. F

    Buying a Train Set without the Train?

    This may sound like a dumb question, what bits would I have to buy if I were to buy the pieces individually? -Track -Controller -Plug into wall -Track that connect the layout to the controller -Wire
  10. F

    Buying a Train Set without the Train?

    Is it possible to buy the controller/transformer and track without having to buy the train associated with the train set? I know that this is a weird question but I just wanted to ask the question. (I've posted this at another forum - so if you see this thread again, you don't have to post at...
  11. F

    Running a British locomotive on North American power?

    If not, it's only money that I've wasted. Money isn't important, right? :D
  12. F

    Running a British locomotive on North American power?

    I would plan to have an American transformer powering a British loco.
  13. F

    Running a British locomotive on North American power?

    I've heard mixed answers on this subject. From the British side, I've heard 'yes you can' and from the North American side, I've heard "no you can't". The difference is that the electricity/voltage is different from Britain compared to America/Canada (I believe that America runs lower...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top