Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    NCE Power Cab programming track DPDT

    Good info. Thanks again.
  2. L

    NCE Power Cab programming track DPDT

    Thanks for your responses. All is well now. :-) I have wired track output to 2, 5, and main line to 3,6 and it worked. Also left track output on 2, 5, and changed main line to 1, 4 and that worked as well. Thought I had previously tried that with switch in appropriate positions. Anyway, it is...
  3. L

    NCE Power Cab programming track DPDT

    I understand about the main line being turned off during programming. However, I haven't even gotten to the programming feature of the cab. The System Reference Manual discusses a separate programming track and shows wiring for a DPDT switch, so I was actually trying to follow the instructions...
  4. L

    NCE Power Cab programming track DPDT

    I am trying to wire my NCE Power Cab for a separate programming track. If I wire directly from the PCP track output to the main line, all is well. I got an automotive DPDT, center off, toggle from Radio Shack rated 12V20ADC. If I wire from the track output to the two middle terminals on the...
  5. L

    Starting over not a bad thing.

    A little over a year ago my son and I decided to build an HO layout. I had trains as a youngster, but was completely out of the hobby for 40 years. We started by building a 4x8 table. I spent much time with a computer program designing various layouts, and finally decided on one with two main...
  6. L

    HO double stack/well car dimensions

    Thanks for this info!!
  7. L

    HO double stack/well car dimensions

    My son and I are in the early stages of building a mountain and tunnel for our HO train layout. At some point we may want to include double stack containers/well cars. Can someone let us know the height of the double stack when loaded on a well car? I'm interested to know if the stock tunnel...
  8. L

    WS ReadyGrass Vinyl Mat and roadbed

    My son and I are starting to construct a 4 x 8 HO layout. We plan to use flextrack and turnout primarily. We have built the bench and used plywood and Styrofoam. I have been looking at the Woodland Scenics ReadyGrass Vinyl mat. It looks quite interesting. Their demo shows how to lay out streets...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top