Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Im in! I think I have a list of some of the Simmons Kits. No knowledge of Circus Train Miniatures.
  2. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    I believe the difference was the gear/wheels used on the Preiser Barnes Wagon compared to the gear/wheels on the Preiser Golmer Mirror Wagon; they were both a little different. They fetch a premium when you can find them. Some of the Walthers resin kits came with these Preiser produced under...
  3. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    I always liked the Preiser wagons. I wish they would have done additional parade wagons. The details are great. Took me a while to get them all.
  4. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    That’s the one! That’s the only complete Cole set I’ve seen. Wish they had more photos of that one as well.
  5. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    On the old CMB website there was an issue of their magazine available that had an article with tons of pictures of someone’s McCoy train. IIRC there were a number of custom built equipment wagons. It’s a really neat looking set. Unfortunately when they changed the website, they took down that...
  6. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Wow, you did the full train. Well, if you get back to that tote in the future, would be great to see!
  7. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Ive been collecting some McCoy wagons over the past year to fill up the 4 flats I have. I hope mine turn out as good as yours. Im trying to complete one set of cars as a small show consist. Do you have any pictures of your McCoy train Joe? Did you build any of the passenger cars? Im also going...
  8. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Unafon looks great I like how you painted the wheels, good colors. The town looks awesome, I like how you lit the buildings. Do you run your train or is it a static display?
  9. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Nice wagons Joe! Your storefront interiors look great as well. Have any pictures of your town?
  10. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Its exciting to see some new discussion going on here! This thread is a great trove of information as I look back. Johnny, Ive enjoyed following your work for the past number of years including your current build, your work is amazing. I have a number of hospital cars to complete and the...
  11. eric2448

    LaMesa Model Railroad Club Layout

    I believe so. Ive seen and attached a couple of videos of other roads on the layout. If you search youtube, there are a lot of videos of the museum. I also attached a link to their Facebook page. There are a lot of photos from their TT/TO ops sessions. Ive sent them messages for information...
  12. eric2448

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    Im enjoying everyones work this week. I finally assembled 15 of the flat cars for my Ringling Bros Circus train this week and am happy with the results. I still have some more work to do before I can consider them finished. They all started life as Walthers kits from the early 90's and were...
  13. eric2448

    BLI new announcement?

    It looks a lot like an ES44 to me. Although most of the prototype photos Ive found have to door on the opposite side. This looks almost correct for the NS Heritage fleet, but how many more of those can the HO scale market support? It looks nice if thats what it is.
  14. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Sounds good Joe, I look forward to seeing the pix!
  15. eric2448

    New bli northern bad news

    Ive heard of various decoder issues with the Paragon 2 ATSF Northerns, but this is the first Ive heard about the drive train. My Northern I purchased the day they were released would not take a long address. Since starting to toy around with JMRI hooked up with my PowerCab, I have not had any...
  16. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Thats great Joe! Do you have any photos of it? I think the unique color of the cars drew me to purchase a set. Ive seen that listing up for auction and relisted a couple of times now. The price for circus equipment varies quite a bit from week to week. I have so much tied up in my Ringling train...
  17. eric2448

    First Broadway Limited experience, and it wasn't good

    I would not be so quick to come to the conclusion that BLI and their customer service are horrible. First off its a Friday and not to mention they may shut down for Christmas, they dont have many employees as I understand it. I own 2 BLI steam locos, a 2-8-2 and a 4-8-4. Both are of their recent...
  18. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    This past weekend I was able to finish the red stripes on the stock fleet. Although I know theyre not factory perfect, Im happy with the result. These will be put aside for a while while I paint the flat car decks. In the second photo, I couldnt pass up this deal I found. I once bought and sold...
  19. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Updates Well I have finally been able to pull out the project box and get back to work. Before I moved, I was able to finish painting and decaling the name planks for the stock cars. Im hoping to have one car completed soon. A couple of weeks ago I decided to tap all of the coupler boxes which...
  20. eric2448

    Dust and lint removal... suggestions wanted

    Looks like Ill nix the tack cloth and probably try brushing the surface and using some air. Thank you all for the suggestions!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top