ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
G
Yep, hard to believe you need the whole motor. :)
-
G
That's liable to be expensive if you do find it, that's the whole motor!
Here it is for $34: http://www.mytrainpartsusa.com/253-19---481-12.php
The guy at The Train Tender used to have it listed, but I don't see it in his current on-line site. Perhaps you might email him and ask, it was $29...
-
G
Would the Lionel #264 Maintenance Manual help?
-
G
I guess you didn't actually look at the PemNut?
-
G
A PemNut pressed into the hole will give you the threads you need. Drill it out to accept the correct size.
-
G
You do know that you can use two 2K 1/4W resistors and stack them to get 1/2W, right? I've done this on several boards when I couldn't get the right wattage or value for a repair.
-
G
For a resistor actually dissipating .15W, I'd have gone with the 1/2 watt models myself. BTW, dropping 13 volts at 15MA sounds like 0.195 watts to me. That's too close to the maximum dissipation of a 1/4W resistor to keep me feeling comfortable.
-
G
Well, my tape demagnetizer works great on everything I've tried it on. It's truly the "industrial strength" solution. :)
You can't demagnetize with a permanent magnet, you need a decaying A/C magnetic field to do the job.
-
G
I have my doubts about that Harbor Freight tool to demagnetize anything. I use a Radio Shack 44-233A VCR degausser, it does a through job. I can even demagnetize track and switches with it, very useful to prevent magnatraction engines from picking up stuff stuck to the track.
I've seen them...
-
G
That is a very common bulb, and pretty much any similar voltage bayonet base bulb will do the trick. I'd probably look for an 18V bulb, it'll draw less current and have a much longer life. A 1447 bulb would do the trick, lower current.
-
G
DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40.
I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
-
G
You'll never properly synchronize two transformers, bite the bullet and buy the bigger one.
-
G
DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40.
I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
-
G
Go for something bigger than 90 watts if your CW-80 isn't doing it. I'd suggest a KW, they're the best value in watts per dollar.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)