Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. sls8199

    track signal installation

    ok. I was thinking about the splicing option, but wasn't sure if the length was a critical factor, thanks
  2. sls8199

    track signal installation

    I'm kind of new (again) at this hobby, just purchased the model power 1678 track signal, (with the prewired switch) the instructions say system requirements are maintenance equipment, the question is is there a special location to mount the switch, (which is attached and about 6 inches from the...
  3. sls8199

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    truthfully, I think alot of hobbies lost popularity due to video games (at least for the younger generation) When I was their age I would run my train as a means of entertainment,
  4. sls8199

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    I just get amazed with how realistic they look, and watching them run there is a club about 10 miles from here, they rent a location (CMRRA), set up their boards and run them there, I just wish I had that kind of space
  5. sls8199

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    posted by kbkchooch: "Scary when the wife pointed out that the sum total of the inventory would pay for a very elaborate funeral, and a heck of a party after my passing!!" As for me I am just getting back into it after about 20 years,and with DCC, it can get quite pricey, and if that was my...
  6. sls8199

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    the closest hobby shop to me is about 35 miles away, seems there are more people into rc planes there
  7. sls8199

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    I don't know about it dying, it appears the popularity has shrunk, but I remember when I was younger being able to go into a department store and able to buy accessories (about 35 + years ago) but these days you may be lucky to find a train set there
  8. sls8199

    Atlas still in business? Taking the Summer off?

    I know there is still atlas merchandise on the shelves, just bought some track today




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top