ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
Just a thought but. Four tree trunks to act as posts. Suspend a large mesh piece of wire or some such material from the four trunk/posts at a height appropriate for the foliage canopy you want. Trial place tree foliage pieces to your liking then glue them on to the mesh. Surround the trunk/posts...
-
M
I also would like to know which printer you use for the cardstock
Cheers
MT
-
M
Hello? Jurassic Fish? Any progress on the saltwater marsh?
Cheers
Will
-
M
There is or was, a corrugated iron club based in Australia aka Oz, that had tons of info on corrugated iron and all the corrugated sheet iron buildings in Oz and New Zealand. IF I recall correctly the first corrugated iron sheet originated in 1896 in England for use in Harbours, but don't hold...
-
M
p.p.s. See The faux fur guy builds a grassinator thread (hminky). Harold does/did some really excellent tutorials on scenery.
Cheers
Will
-
M
Just spotted NH Mikes comments about Wally World cheap paintbrushes and of course a Dollar store or whatever stores cheap paintbrushes might also prove to be a source for fibres for grass etc.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will
-
M
Palaeoniscidae (freieslebeni)
Starting with a baseboard coloured in your favourite mud colour as per NWP Dave.
There are really two ways to go.
Method one is to find suitable length and coloured fake fur aka fun fur aka teddy bear fur at a yard goods store. Apply a coat of something like...
-
M
I may very well be wrong ( not the first time either), but doesn't the MRC Tech 6 look after dc control with DCC sound control? Just a thought.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will
-
M
An idea I got from another forum was intended to prevent "some" of the envirotex creep up the shoreline and pilings. The idea was to pre brush some envirotex at the appropriate levels and places. I believe it was Dave Frary who suggested it.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will
-
M
1-24th scale 15" gauge. Gn15
Cheers
Will
-
M
Your approach should work. My weird idea was a piece of tubing such as the translucent type or some similar material, a finishing nail with a suitably sized head, and some acrylic caulking. Use a lubricant, vaseline or something suitable that envirotex doesn't adhere to, to lube the outside of...
-
M
Like Scordicus I also model narrow gauge in several scales I started in HOn30 and moved on to 1-35th scale. Saw the B'man On30 and couldn't resist the Forney. Then there is the 1-24th scale micro layout sitting here waiting to be finished. Not that I like narrow gauge you understand ( tongue in...
-
M
Wait a minute ( not enough coffee ingested), I just responded to NWP Dave! What happened to jurassic fish?
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will
-
M
Quick question. How do you plan to avoid the wickup problem with the envirotex if you've planted the cordgrass salt grass?
I have a wild idea of how to but I'd like to "hear" your solution first.
Cheers
Will
-
M
Forgot, go to wikipedia and search for saltwater marsh and you'll see a neat animation of tidal levels and the affect on the marsh. As time allows I will try to get back for some materials and techniques suggestions.
Cheers
Will
-
M
www.edc.uri.edu/restoration/html/gallery/plants/smooth.htm
And the above link will give you the plants physiology especially height with regard to oxygen levels in the marsh plus an image. Also if you just google smooth cordgrass you'll find a multiplicity of images of the plant. Ditto for...
-
M
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/39316423/Magnificent-Muddy-Marshes
Although it's meant for school children the above is a link to get you quickly introduced to the flora and fauna of a saltwater marsh.
Cheers
Will
-
M
Not certain if your question means suggestions with regard to materials and techniques or the initial approach? You'll have the water then smooth cord grass then salt grass then dwarf glass wort then dry land with the usual suspect weeds?
Cheers
MT Hopper
-
M
Didn't the East Broad Top in the U.S. do something like this?
I vaguely recall a Russian railway doing something like this too because of the gauge change,but I could be wrong, my kids often tell me I am.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT Hopper
-
M
All brass, PFM Rayonier lumber 2-6-6-2, PFM Three truck shay,VH CNR Jubilee.
Then there is the traction stuff all Suydam. except for the shay they all live in boxes.
Probably have almost a half hour each of running time again except for the shay which has a whole 2 hours!
So what did I end up...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)