ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I'm somewhat sold.
I'll try it on a section when we put our layout down more permanently.
Thanx
Mike
-
That makes sense.....BUT.....how much force do you have to apply?
-
We just started our new layout (after about 30 years of nothing).
Our grandson (about 1.5 years old) loves it.
When he comes over (at least twice a week) he takes his coat off and points to the basement (my man cave) and says two magic words---CHOO CHOO. Off we go for at least a couple of hours.
-
I have not tried this gleaming method, but I don't think I like the idea of filling holes in the track and putting a layer of stainless on top of nickle silver or brass. Remember two unlike metals will corrode more, not necessarily faster, especially if there is an electric current involved...
-
We are just getting started again in the hobby.
Found a starter set at Kohl's online for the same price that it would cost us for one loco. It came with 2 complete sets. When it arrived it was made by Lifelike and the locos were cheap and actually assembled backwards. We ran it once on our...
-
Thanx for all the suggestions.
Looks like the ends pop off but there are rails glued to them. We'll have to be real careful!
We have 2 Atlas tank cars and they are both 1.2 ounces under weight, using the formula 1 oz. + 1/2 oz. per in. of car, they are 5 in. cars and should weigh 3.5 oz. but...
-
Another good idea.
I have to go to the hobby shop today anyway...I'll check on the weight of the trucks.
Thanx
Mike
-
Thanx diburning.
They are made by Atlas and are about 1 1/2 ounces light.
I will take your advice when I get out of work today.
Mike
-
weighting tank cars
We are just getting back into the hobby after 30 years.
Hopefully there is a simple answer to this question.
What is the best way to weight a tank car? I want to add about 1 oz.
We have 1/4 oz. lead weights that there is just no place to stick them on a tank car.
I was...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)