Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    Railbed?

    Necessity, all I can fit is a 4x8, I cannot change the configuration at all. It is going over an unused bed that I need to keep, and I am 100% sure that is all that will work.
  2. G

    Railbed?

    Rail-fanning, I plan to use GP-38's mostly.
  3. G

    Railbed?

    Well then, back to the track plan search! Anyone have any good ideas for a 4x8? I would like realistic Union Pacific, I am just having the hardest time with it though.
  4. G

    Railbed?

    Quick update, I got the track, just need it to stop raining so I can get my board and foam! I really want to get this started... Going to follow this track plan: http://www.chipengelmann.com/trains/Photos/4x8Contest/4x8ContestEntry04.html
  5. G

    $676 Walthers car

    Or a dynamic IP address.
  6. G

    Railbed?

    Thank you very much!
  7. G

    Railbed?

    Awsome, great link. How do I ballast the track?
  8. G

    Railbed?

    So how do i go about putting railbed? I do not want to use the snap on railbeds, but I have no idea how to make my own! Any tips?
  9. G

    Best brand track and a couple other questions

    The insulation is very good, that is what I recommend. Doing my first layout also, but have been doing war-gaming/modeling for years, and insulation foam is always what is recommended, very easy to work with, and minimal mess.
  10. G

    Brand New

    No pics, it is just a very small oval on my floor at the moment. The trains sure are entertaining, I now see how you guys can have 20+ years doing it!
  11. G

    Brand New

    Got it and set it up, its pretty cool just going around a circular track. Now to get into the depths of the hobby, time to start a table!
  12. G

    Anyone deal with Wholesale Trains?

    Placed an order on Monday and it has still not shipped. Have not e-mailed or anything like that.
  13. G

    Brand New

    Ok thank you.
  14. G

    Brand New

    I looked around the room and it looks like I can fanagle some extra room. Don't worry about space, I can figure it out.
  15. G

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    I will elaborate. A train is a player on a map, an extension of ourselves that we care for. A avatar on a game is a player on a map, again an extension, but not something we care for. Both offer action, although one is violent and the other peaceful. Both offer varied landscapes and beauty...
  16. G

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    Heh. Oh so true, but you are missing something important. A train may move in a circle, but variations are easy to make, you can change the layout. A video game as stuck 'maps' it is not possible [on a console] to make a new 'map' so you are stuck with the same thing on repeat.
  17. G

    Brand New

    I think I can make it work. I can suffer less track for increased train detail. I am getting this: http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=Set&offset=25&ID=200518126 Is that a good choice? Going to hold of on DCC until I can get a much larger layout.
  18. G

    garage layout progress (part 2)

    I think it is amazing. Thank you for what you are doing, really helping us new guys along!
  19. G

    Brand New

    DCC by far, from the description you gave. But, looking at the prices of all this, I should just go with the starter kit! The Atlas Union Pacific Trainman set good?
  20. G

    Brand New

    Have a reccomendation for a power-pack?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top