Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Gen

    Weathering...

    I really like what you've done here on this one. I realize it's been completed, but if I may offer a couple of observations... The rusted rim looks a little too glossy, is that the black or the rust? Maybe some powder there? Also, left side has an upper panel (upper left of reporting marks)...
  2. Gen

    Weathering...

    I find that my best results come from avoiding the stock colors right out of the bottle or tube. They are almost never the same as what I'm trying to duplicate. Experiment. Mix some umbers with siennas to varying degrees. What you've got there is difficult to weather convincingly anyway...
  3. Gen

    Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

    Little bump here...there's some really nice work in this thread. Good job to all. Here's a Micro-trains N scale car I recently revisited because I didn't like the first attempt. I reworked the roof because the rust looked a little too fresh, and I highlighted the rivet detail. I also took a...
  4. Gen

    Can I use these in an airbrush

    I have to disagree here with the panel on using washer fluid as a thinner for acrylics. When atomized and inhaled, it can cause damage to the central nervous system. From About: In addition, washer fluid and isopropyl alcohol dry more quickly than distilled water, causing dry tip problems. We...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top