Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Steam Locomotives Suggestion

    Thank you for all the information !! I will look for the suggested steam locomotive. I am new to this hobby and just like to run trains. I have NMRA guage. Will check the tracks tonight. My budget is 200-300$ for a steam locomotive. My layout is in 12x15 around the room. I have derailment...
  2. R

    Steam Locomotives Suggestion

    I want to buy one good steam locomotive. I have one 4-6-4 Spectrum which keeps derailing and cannot pull any cars. Please suggest the best steam locomotive which can run on 22" curve and it should be DCC controlled. Thank for the help !
  3. R

    Any HO Modelers here from Richmond, VA

    Thanks for the link/information. I will plan to visit Newsport sometime. Do you know anyone from club who will be interested to come to Richmond to help me ? I can pay on hourly basis + gas.
  4. R

    Any HO Modelers here from Richmond, VA

    Thank you ! Can you please give some more details of the club ?
  5. R

    Any HO Modelers here from Richmond, VA

    Thank you for the reply ! I am not sure if there are any HO clubs in Richmond area.
  6. R

    Any HO Modelers here from Richmond, VA

    Hello, Any one from Richmond, VA here. I am looking for some help with my HO layout and willing to pay for the time/service. Please email me if you are interested and live in or around Richmond. I am looking for some one with good experience in wiring, dcc, tortoise switch laying out...
  7. R

    Any HO Modelers here from Richmond, VA

    Hello, Any one from Richmond, VA here. I am looking for some help with my HO layout and willing to pay for the time/service. Please email me if you are interested and live in or around Richmond. I am looking for some one with good experience in wiring, dcc, tortoise switch laying out...
  8. R

    Turnouts & Polarity Question

    Thank you for the explanation ! I was reading about DCC (Digitrax AR1) to use for reverse loop. After some more reasearch, I may use it.
  9. R

    Turnouts & Polarity Question

    Sorry if this is a repeat question. I am trying to come up with some ideas to make my layout better. If I add turnouts between two tracks, will there be any issue with the polarity etc. If I am running train on Track A, I should be able to change it to run on Track B. Any suggestions, do's or...
  10. R

    Throws option.

    Please suggest which throw works better. I bought couple of Caboose Industries Ground Throw #202S CAB202S. Thanks for the help Rocky
  11. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Beachburn, Yes I run trains all day until end with out any problem. I have to yet to the wiring. I think with the raisers train runs just fine. The person who was working on these was doing lots of measurements when putting the foam. I dont think much can be done for the existing layout. I...
  12. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    It's 2% grade (woodland scenic). I have attached a pdf file for the table layout and also the hand drawn layout.
  13. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Selector, Thanks for the reply ! I have just hand drawn picture which I have attached. I am willing to have one more level where I can do some switching.
  14. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Crandell, Thank you for the reply ! I miss turnouts / switching. I have some place left for yard (pic10). I agree with you that there is not much place left for adding turnouts in the existing design. I want to have some controls where I can decide which track the train runs. Either it can...
  15. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Layout Design & Table Measurement I have attached hand drawn picture. Hope pictures are clear. I am ready to some rework if required like removing tracks and putting turnouts. I am very very new to this hobby. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks for all the help ! Rocky
  16. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Some more pics (almost done) Will attach a had drawn room track design.
  17. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    More pics Pictures are from left to right of the room.
  18. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    More pictures of my layout Any one from Richmond, VA.
  19. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Some more pics Please let me know if you need some more details. I have Digitrax Zephyr.
  20. R

    New Layout HO - Feedback Requested

    Hello Modelers :) This is my first post. I have room 12X15 which I have converted to my train room. I have no hands on experience with designing or laying tracks. After years of search found some one from MD who agreed to work on hourly basis. I have attached some pictures, will try to post...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top