ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
H
Here is a chart that will/might help. Scroll down till you see "RP-11" and click on it.
NMRA curve/radius guide:
http://www.nmra.com/beginner/trackcurves.html
-
H
After posting the question last night, I did some research and found out all about it. Well, not all, but quite abit.
thanx for the replies.
-
H
Howdy. I live about 70 miles south of you and am completely new at this hobby.
I gots a question; uh, what does Free-mo mean. Module?
-
H
I live just East of Corsicana. Grew up in Mesquite. Seems with thuffman, we got a large area covered. Lots of rail between us.
-
H
ya gots email coming. thanks.
-
H
Yeah, I saw that on an index of all intermodal yards for UPR I found, but didn't find any pics of them. Got any?
-
H
up dallas sub, I live in Corsicana, but lived in Dallas for 22 years. Grew up there.
Heres the bench I've got about half done with. The red if it shows up is extentions for 28" radius turns.
OOoops, thought you could upload from the computer. Gotta use an internet photo site?
-
H
Here's an aerial shot of the layout out of Dallas.
http://www.auicontractors.com/docs/cs/Union_Pacific_Case_Study_LR.pdf
main UPP site;
http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/service/2005/0919_dallas_intermodal.shtml
Here is a line drawing of the setup...
-
H
Modern era with some not to distant past would be ok. Just thinking about some local area representation; delivery to different spurs, i.e. hardware warehouse, chemical company, glass manufacturer and maybe a Wyoming(?) to Texas trunkline coal delivery to one of our local power plants. There's...
-
H
Good day gents; name is Rick and I'm a semi complete newbie. Well, let's go ahead and make it a complete ....
I was/have been studying my situation for a couple of weeks and I'm still in limbo. Been reading mschreuder's "First layout" and am almost a complete 180 from his circumstance.
I...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)