Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. klrwhizkid

    Long Island G-5 loco

    Diane and her hubby will have a nice surprise gift from me at no charge; I installed an LED under the motor (firebox) that is connected to one of the Tsunami outputs set up for Firebox Flicker. It produces a nice, subtle flicker in the frame area under the firebox that is more noticeable in low...
  2. klrwhizkid

    Long Island G-5 loco

    Although I have eight installations in my queue currently, I took on Diane's project precisely due to her circumstances. The others that are in the queue are understood as "as you can get to it" jobs because I am also trying to get my model railroad to the point of laying track. The decoder...
  3. klrwhizkid

    Adding DCC to my layout?

    DCC for your layout Chip, let me summarize and answer what seem to be all your questions. 1) The Digitrax Zephyr will provide basic control of a layout from a fixed location as well as programming, providing a maximum of 2.5 amps of current - probably enough for what you are doing. 2) The...
  4. klrwhizkid

    Programming Lenz Silver Direct

    With the Lenz Silver Direct, is it possible to program Output C (green wire) so that it is turned on by F1 but will go out in reverse? I have been able to get it so it will come on with F0 (forward) and go out (reverse) but not by itself. I would like to be able to control the main headlight...
  5. klrwhizkid

    DCC install for non DCC ready Proto 2000 E8/9 locos

    I installed DCC in my Proto 2000 E8/9 and documented every step of the process. With my install, I was able to retain the original light control board for the MARS light. The install document in pdf form can be found at: http://www.frisco.org/vb/showthread.php?t=2861 Sorry for having to...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top