Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. E

    Help with my first layout

    OK, so I have rethought my plans and have decided to use the smaller :( and much more out-of-the-way :) location of the shop in my backyard. There are two sections in my shop, a shelved area and a larger area that I have been using as storage. I will use the larger area for the train layout...
  2. E

    Help with my first layout

    Thanks everyone for the feedback. However, there has been a change of plans. It might work out for the best though... The room I was looking into doing this with is a little large and my girlfriend would kill me if I used it for model trains. It also use to be a garage, so it has a slope...
  3. E

    Help with my first layout

    SpaceMouse, (and others) Thank you for your replies. I have been digesting your comments. I am most interested in the building aspect of the project. However, your point about watching trains run getting old is well taken, SpaceMouse. I widened the peninsula to 5 feet. I also extended...
  4. E

    Help with my first layout

    Thanks again SpaceMouse, for an informative read and constructive feedback. Hamltnblue brings up an excellent point that will only get worse if the parameter is shortened to 30". Would "bulging" the end of those tables work? I would need to cut off a triangular section of the peninsula to...
  5. E

    Help with my first layout

    Thanks for the advice Mouse. I really enjoyed reading your Beginners Guide. I will take my time setting this up for sure. Do you think that making Tables 4 and 5 only 2 feet deep will help with the reach problem? I am afraid I will loose too much space if I am not careful and will be...
  6. E

    Help with my first layout

    Updated Layout Thanks for the advice guys. It really is appreciated. I have revised my layout keeping in mind that I will not be able to reach some of the areas if I kept 4x8 tables. (I originally chose 4x8 because they sounded the easiest to make.) About the closet, I can duck under the...
  7. E

    Help with my first layout

    Hi guys. So I have this large room in my house that I am doing nothing with. I have always loved model railroads and would like to use the room to make my own. It is not the case that I am made of money, so I was going to do one table at a time. Especially the first table, because I will...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top