ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
With great thanks to Snowman for his assistance and the link to Paco's Website, I have managed to build more units including the NanoX-s88 and sucessfully getting it connected to my PC. That site has some amazing stuff.
I have a couple of questions, though. I have 2 reverse loops whose...
-
S
Snowman, I am very impressed. I have been able to download, install and at least look at the JMRI. It looks good if I can just get a controller that will network. I still have not been able to download the Rocrail. I have gotten as much as 38% before it times out.
I do understand the s88 now...
-
S
Keith,
Thanks for the info. It has given me a lot of search sources. I had not seen the Minimaus before. Sometimes I cannot get to some websites from here such as the rocrail above. I have not decided which network to use but was leaning toward Loconet as it was well documented. I have now...
-
S
Thanks, I had not seen that page and it has lots of ideas. I noticed that it was by Robert Paisley. He was kind enough to email some of the code for his MiniDcc which I had built. I use it to test my booster circuits with. I did not realize that he was still actively designing circuits. I will...
-
S
After getting the turnout decoder working, I have started (restarted) on the other projects. While operating my layout the other day, I had a problem with 2 locos entering the 2 reverse loops at the same time. Obviously, having both loops on the same reverser has potential problems. Now that I...
-
S
I finally have the code working on the Parallax Propeller MCU working as a decoder. Figuring out the code for Locos wasn't too hard but the accessories took some time. Apparently, not everyone uses the same technique. The turnout operation on the Bachmann was completely different from the...
-
S
Thanks Jim
I am impressed with the artists here that do such realistic layouts. I think the electronics is easy compared to the detail other people can put into theirs. Everyone has their different skill sets. For me, building a circuit board is a lot easier than building a realistic mountain...
-
S
I have just completed the MiniDCC and a self designed booster using the L298. It seems to work as specified. At least it will control my locos and Bachman turnouts.
I have also built the MERG Acc5 accessory decoder with the output modified for Tortoise machines. It works OK except with the...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)