Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    New videos posted: Cougar River Subdivision

    Very nicely done!! Lots of neat details that really pull together all the scenes.
  2. J

    Spine car info needed?

    I believe 5 unit spines take 33's.
  3. J

    Märklin layout under construction @ home

    Very nice M-track layout. I like the narrow shelf layout design. It's giving me ideas of something I can do in one of my spare bedrooms. Long live Marklin!!:)
  4. J

    Plane Crash

    That was the Roselawn crash. Ice did form behind the boots causing uncommanded aileron inputs. In that accident the autopilot being on masked the severity of the situation until it was too late. It is a sad situation either way.
  5. J

    Plane Crash

    You guys are forgetting the accident that started this all which was the American Eagle crash in Roselawn Indiana. The aircraft had been flying in moderate to severe icing conditions for an extended period of time with the autopilot on. When the load limits on the autopilot were exceeded the...
  6. J

    Fleischmann H0 to Marklin H0

    Does the Fleishmann ICE have a pick-up shoe?
  7. J

    Extreme Trains # UK

    Remember, this program is aimed at non-train enthusiats. He has to explain things to those who have no clue about railroads and what they do. I'm happy to see a program like this aimed at the masses. The host is pretty cool and on par with the guy that does "World's Toughest Fixes". Now, where...
  8. J

    Marklin Passenger Cars

    If you are buying something fairly recent, DC wheelsets are available and often listed next to the model description in the catalog. DC wheels for Marklin items have always been available even before Trix was purchased as before then Marklin DC items were marketed under the "Hamo" name.
  9. J

    Switching scales, opinions please!

    N has come a long way but I still think HO is still the way to go. If you're in this for the long haul I think N just gets too difficult to deal with as everyone gets older. The level of detail that can be achieved in HO is also tough to beat. True, you can detail N stuff very nicely but what...
  10. J

    The future of the Hobby

    Hi all, I'm new here. I'm part of the younger crowd at 33 years old. I grew up with trains my whole life so this is nothing new. I am active with the ETE (European Train Enthusiasts) and my dad and I have a fairly extensive Marklin collection. I have a fair amount of North American proptotypes...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top