Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    flextrack question.

    Peco do flex track that alternates which sides are fixed. Still manage to get the ties messed up though!
  2. C

    DCC feeder wiring question

    Thanks mate. Yeah, I understand that I can't join the positive and negative bus cables together, that at least is obvious to me ;) What I was getting at, is that supposedly you don't want either the negative or positive bus cables to follow the mainline around the layout, and then connect back...
  3. C

    DCC feeder wiring question

    Howdy Building a DCC layout for the first time, and I've read somewhere (that I can no longer find) that when wiring, you should never create a closed loop with the main bus cable, as-in joining the ends together when doing a loop style layout. Same thing was said about the track, don't make...
  4. C

    Helix diameter

    Thanks Rico, you pointed something obvious out to me that I forgot completely, and that is that the grade would increase as the radius shrinks. This is why I didn't take advanced math in final years of high school. :p Hmm, I was aiming to keep the clearance at 100mm (3.9") for the purpose of...
  5. C

    Helix diameter

    G'day Just wondering, what would roughly be the tightest practical diameter of a helix for reliable operation, suitable for large modern locos and rolling stock in HO scale with a grade of roughly 2.5%? I've heard that the tighter you go, the more dramas your more likely to have with...
  6. C

    Athearn BB Dash-9's

    G'day :) Just wanna say, great forum. Has provided me with sooooo many great tips and ideas for the layout that I'm beginning to construct, and a few benchmarks too. Got a couple brand new (but looks like they've been sitting around for a number of years) HO Blue Box C44-9W's a couple...
  7. C

    To DCC or to Dummy a cox loco

    Another way, if they're always going to be lashed together, is you could run a couple wires, disguised as MU cables, from the Trainline model into the Cox loco. That way, you could wire up some headlights in the Cox, and just connect the leads to the reverse headlights on the other loco's...
  8. C

    Where do you shop online?

    Hi, I'm from Australia and trying to take advantage of high dollar against the greenback at the moment. Does anyone have any good suggestions about online US stores that have good stocks of HO locos and rolling stock, who ship internationally AND accept PayPal? (rather not to shop with credit...
  9. C

    The future of the Hobby

    Hi first post :D Well im not convinced about the hobby dying out, there seems to a great majority of modelers across the globe. I dunno what the story was 60 years ago, how many manufactures, train shows, availability of products there were, but reading past articles dating back 20~ years...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top