ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Hi,
I'd recommend building a 3-D cardboard model of the layout. I got the idea from Dave Frary and it really helped me a lot.
You might try several. They're sorta fun to build.
http://www.trainweb.org/silversanjuan/page2.html
Have fun,
-
Great stuff!
White glue works fine for attaching roadbed and track to foam.
(NEVER use white beaded foam...personal opinion, of course.:))
Very nice work.
-
Oh man!:eek:
How gruesome!
I'm not gonna be able to sleep a wink tonight.:confused:
But thanks anyway...I think. :o
-
Thanks Jim,
Something about "great minds run.." or maybe it was "Only two minds...":confused:
-
Hi,
I used the free Atlas software (RightTrack?) and printed scale plans and cut them out to make a 3-D scale model of the layout (ala Dave Frarie).
The model let me find several "bugs" before actually starting the layout. Also it was a fun "finally getting started on the layout"...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)