Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    In the garbage or what? Rolling Stock Question

    Trashy rolling stock end up in box and used as a donor cars if something else got damaged.
  2. C

    Rivarossi & IHC passenger cars

    Probably an out of gauged wheel?
  3. C

    Athearn moving to China?

    Great (sarcastically). Another company going to China. Whats next, Bowser? :confused::eek::mad::(
  4. C

    Loco road name ID please.

    Looks like a BNSF or SF unit.
  5. C

    Rivarossi & IHC passenger cars

    The only thing to watch out for the trucks to wear out. Rivarrosi uses a cheap plastic and if you run them too long, the wheels will fall right through. There might be a replacement truck but I prefer Rivarrosi.
  6. C

    is proto a good company?

    Every model has there woes. I know when P2K did the SD60's in CR blue (I got 2 of them myself CR 6840 & 6842), the color was wrong. It was more like a purplish color. Although, they are great models, great details, etc. I love how they weigh, there heavy and slow. Just the way I need them to be.
  7. C

    Needed: Pics of Chessis System 1520

    I dug out my GP15T and realized it has no logo on the nose. Since i'll be molesting the battery box's, I will be needing a sheet of Chessis System decals. Thanks for the help! James
  8. C

    new atlas cleaning car

    Not bad but for $100, I can buy alot of track cleaning supplies and they just do find.
  9. C

    NCE Smart Booster is Trash

    My RR club has NCE and we never had any problems. We have 6 NCE boosters and they work like a champ. As for decoders, I got 2 Digitrax's decoders in 2 SD60M's and I had nothing but problems with it. To be honest, there hand-held controller looks like something made from Tyco. Funky, cheap...
  10. C

    Bulb Upgrade On Athearn Genesis & RTR Units

    Well, its pretty obvious that Athearn uses some crappy light bulbs used in there Genesis and RTR line. On my SD45-2, 1 of the 2 light bulbs burned and its not even 6 mos. old. On both of my SD70MAC's, only one light bulb lights up (front and rear). I was looking for some upgradable bulbs. Just...
  11. C

    Looking for earlier coalporters & bathtubs.

    Alright, thanks.
  12. C

    Needed: Pics of Chessis System 1520

    Hahahaha! No biggie. I have moments like that too man.
  13. C

    locomotive issues

    Couldn't say it any better. I found out the hard way! :mad:
  14. C

    Looking for earlier coalporters & bathtubs.

    I didn't mean to hijack your thread and didn't want to start another one since there is a topic going already. My question is simple. Weren't all Walthers Bethgon's all 11 or 12 panels?
  15. C

    Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

    Yes, I did. But I don't know if you knew that some Geep 9B's just didn't have Leslie 3 chimes. The Geep 9B I did had a 3 chime where as the first photo in the GP9B section on www.crcyc.railfan.net only has a single chime horn. Sorry if I went alittle off topic.
  16. C

    Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

    Horns on CR Geep 9B's where not always on the top. Some of them had a 1 chime horn on either side of the car body near the cab and some didn't have any horns, IIRC.
  17. C

    locomotive issues

    Luckily, I got Dexron III sitting at home. I have been using Labelle Oil for awhile and been happy with that. I'm going to give it a try on my noisy Athearn's (Dex III).
  18. C

    Needed: Pics of Chessis System 1520

    Thanks. I have several questions. 1). What kind of horn did they use? 2). Was the fuel tank and trucks all black? 3). The battery box vents on both sides, is there a C&C part for it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks again!
  19. C

    Needed: Pics of Chessis System 1520

    I have a GP15T from Walthers and I want to model it. However, I can't find pics of it. I can find pics of it in the CSX scheme which is not I want. Any help is appreciated! James
  20. C

    locomotive issues

    Never heard of Dexron III as being a lubricant. Has anyone ever tried it?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top